Nov 28, 2022

I finally watched Breaking Bad completely*

 *=Just Breaking Bad, the Spin-offs are on my to-do list. I wasn't a fan of the show way back then. I got a bit into it during the Beer Virus time, but not  like " Jesse, we need to cook!" Super into it. I was kinda tricked into watching the LatAm knock-off which I praised seconds before realizing that it was a Breaking Bad knock-off. It wasn't bad, but the moment I realized there's a superior version, my brain was like: Forget this crap... still, I wasn't interested in fully watching it until I saw a video of Aaron Paul on The Price is Right...


My friend was laughing like Crazy and I was confused, about why having a contestant finishing every sentence with "bitch" was funny. So my friend asked me THE question: "Have you even seen Breaking Bad?" 

So, I decided to start binge watching. I learned a lot about life with this show. Before I start going down the rabbit hole. I will be talking about hardcore drugs here like Mathemphetamine. The typo is on purpose to avoid some issues with the algorithms. Also, there's a joke hidden in Science teacher becomes Math Kingpinthat only I find amusing.

The US Healthcare system sucks ass in how it makes people choose between getting Healthcare or become homeless due to the astronomical bills. 

"BuT wHy DiDn'T wAlTeR aCcEpT tHe HeLp FrOm HiS bIlLiOnAiRe FrIeNdS?"

The same friends that bought him out for $5000? I know Walter SOLD his part, because "reasons" (mainly feeling like a lesser man because he wasn't in the same socioeconomic spheres as his then girlfriend). Yeah, accepting a handout like that wasn't in the cards for Walter. This would've made his inferiority issues a lot worse.

I also learned that his family treated Walter like crap and that helped Walter's Supervillain Origin Story. I mean, Walter Jr. is obssessed with his uncle Hank. Kid practically worships Hank. Now that I emntioned Hank, Walter's brother-in-law, the guy pretty much takes over every room he enters. Hell, Hank was the center of attention at Walter's 50th Birthday. He completely overshadowed the Birthday guy. Then we have the Elephant in the room, Skyler White. The domineering wife, who is a stay at home mom while Walt had to work 2 jobs in order to keep the household afloat. Hell, She couldn't even put enough effort on a birthday handjob! She's paying more attention to the laptop and making random conversation than actually pleasing the birthday guy. Then there's the whole smoking through both pregnancies. Smoking while pregnant is one of the causes for cerebral palsy in children.  If Walter had ditched his toxic family years ago, he wouldn't have become a deranged Math Kingpin.

So, with Walter being the Universe's Punching Bag, getting Cancer was the straw that broke the camel's back. I get it, the guy was pushed beyond breaking point with everyone in his life shitting on him to then find out he was in "borrowed time" mode, made him snap and thus began the fall of Walter White. He DID start out with good intentions, but road to hell's pavement and all that. When he realized he was the Wolverine of Mathemphetamine, it got to his head and his inferiority issues took over the wheel. In a warped way, it makes sense. He had nothing to lose and everything to win. So, in order to help his family, he wanted some quick and easy money. The Math business seemed easy enough for a Nobel Prize winning chemist. 

Problem is that Walt got greedy. He saw he was good, but wanted to be the very best. So he kept going deeper down the rabbit hole that the only people worse than him were literal Neo-Nazis. Like Antonio Montana before him, people rooted for Heisenberg, DESPITE being a monster willing to kill children to obtain his goals.

Pinkman was everyone's bitch... He was used by pretty much everyone in the series.
Walter, Hank, Tuco, Fring,  Jane, the Neo-Nazis, Hell, even Skyler White yo, used him to piss off Walter in that awkward dinner. Not to mention he was an addict, so drugs made him their bitch. I was going to make a joke on how Pinkman was reaching Princess Peach levels of consistently needing his bitch ass saved by Walter, but I haven't seen El Camino to know if he gets Princess Peach'd in there too.

The only wholesome character in the show is Holly White, a Baby. Everyone else is "tainted by evil".

So, it's a great show, but it's far more memetic than I expected. I wonder how many Jehova's Witnesses have been given this response to their calls.

Nothing personal against Jehova's Witnesses,  but when they're evangelizing, they feel a bit too aggressive and borderline in harassment. Especially when one repeatedly tells them politely to not bother with me, since I'm not interested in their beliefs. Especially knowing that I would've been an orphan my entire life if it were up to them. 

Shiba LOVED scaring the living crap out of JWs when they tried to get too close to the gate. She also did it to the mail carrier, the neighbors, and pretty much any person who got a bit too close to her turf. Trying to hold back a 70lbs. fully soaped Labrador while telling the JWs to stay back was not a fun thing to do. One good thing that came out of the Beer Virus was that they only send junk mail now instead of interrupting me at the most inconvenient times. Again, nothing personal towards them, just leave me alone, as I have requested multiple times. 
But back to Breaking Bad. 

The cast did an amazing job with their roles. Especially Brian Cranston and Anna Gunn as Walter and Skyler White yo. I mean Skyler White was the Next Joffrey Baratheon... in the unlikable characters performed so magnificently by their actors that they got hate mail list. Seriously, how did I missed out on this show? Hopefully I won't get involved with the other AMC show... the one with Sam Porter Bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment