Nov 10, 2022

It came from the Toy Chest: Red Robin, yum!! No homo...


 It's a reference to the burger joint, not that I'm attracted to Tim Drake... and no it's not homophobic saying that I'm straight... just as it isn't heterophobic getting shot down by a lady that happened to be a lesbian. This is why I hate when straight characters are retconned into nonheterosexual, because anything you say will be your doom. 

So, Tim Drake, the third Robin. What can I say about him.
Dick is the Heart that tempers Batman.
Jason is the one that embodies Bruce's Darkness and Drive.
Damian is the Genetic Successor of Batman.
Stephanie... We don't talk about Stephanie...
But Tim is the Balanced Robin.
He has some of the Heart and the Drive. Trained by Lady Shiva, he can keep up with The Heir of the Demon. Not to mention his impressove Detective Skills that rival those of Bruce himself. Let me ammend my ranking:
Tim is the almost Gary Stu (male Mary Sue) Robin.
Robin: Ugh, it's the mithli aljins...
Red Robin: Actually, I'm tunayiyi aljins.
Robin: Still, you like dick...
Nightwing VO: I know Tim likes me, EVERYONE LIKES ME!
Robin: Not you, Sidekick! I mean dick like little you!
Batgirl VO: Ot's not little!!
Red Robin: Ohh Myy! Little Damian is a bit obsessed with penises...
Robin: I'm not gay...
Red Robin: You don't have to be gay to enjoy a nice thick sausage...
Damian: I don't eat meat... Oh I'm going to kick your ass, Drake...
Red Robin: Careful, that might be considered a Hate Crime...


Articulation 
Tim has standard McFarlane Articulation. Like most figures, the cape gets in the way a little. Despite that cape issue, he has a decent range of articulation.
4.5

Paint and sculpt
The sculpt is very detailed. It's Tim's 90s outfit but colored like his Adventures of  Batman and Robin look. It's very bright and there is little shading. It looks almost like a Mattel action figure Prototype with the bright matte colors. I like the cockiness on his face and can be pretty expressive with the right poses. This figure is most likely to get a release in normal Robin colors, since this is a lazy repaint of normal Tim Robin in the TAoBaR.
5.0
Batman: I am highly disappointed with you...
Picking fights, talking about sex in front of a minor, homophobic remarks... This is NOT what I taught you!
Batgirl: I was defending Dick's Grayson.
NW: I didn't do Anything!
Red Robin: Your demon spawn started it!
Robin: At least I'm not adopted.
Batman: Where the Hell is Jason?
Nefty VO: I still haven't found one and with me getting laid off from my toy money job, my toy budget has been heavily Affected. Not everyone has Martha Wayne money, you know...
Batman: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?


Accessories 
Staff
Batarang

I already lost the Batarang... not really lost it. It just fell behind a shelf that I won't move because of its weight. The important accessory, his staff, is safe with him.
I know McFarlane tends to cheapen out on accessories,  but aside extra hands, I can't think what else he could have.
4.0
Red Robin: Bring it!
*Nefty note*: Sadly, I have no Black Adam figure for this joke to pay off...


Overall
Tim gets a 4.5 as his final score. He's a decent Robin, despite being a lazy repaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment