Jul 27, 2020

Am I being phased out of MOTU?

mean it as a fan... it feels like the brand is trying to get rid of me, by trying to kill my love for it.
Mattel's death of MOTUC was a huge blow, despite the FACT that MOTUC can co-exist with Origins... Adult Collectors no longer have a MOTU line that is exclusive to them... I should say: a MOSTLY AFFORDABLE Line exclusively for Adults. I make emphasis on mostly affordable because, people will point out the MONDO 1/6 scale limited line.

Origins is geared toward "our children"... I have no children of my own, nor want to, but you know what I mean. *WE* AREN'T the target audience... despite the line having ZERO APPEAL TO CHILDREN. I find the choices made by the Origins team QUESTIONABLE at best, and it's obvious that Mattel's quarter assing ways are a strong influence here. They are reusing MOTUC PIECES geared for 7 inch figures on a 5.5 inch line... or lines if we count the WWE line. I do not see the appeal in regressing into an 80s style in such a quarter assed way.

Yes, *I* fell in love with the original toys nearly 40 years ago... but back then THEY LOOKED AWESOME COMPARED TO WHAT EXISTED ON THE SHELVES!! When I got the Mattel/Playmates hybrid Funko Kombatants, they were a "Novelty item" currently deep within the Toy Chest. Today, they kinda look like crap comoared to other offerings. Playmates' Rise of the TMNT toys look a million times better than MOTUO. They are still Kids toys, but they are incredibly detailed, while looking "simplistic", not to mention accurate to their TV counterparts.

Speaking of other media, I don't need to mention my dislike for the abomination that is DW's "She-Ra". This abomination made me think for a moment or 20 that I hated She-Ra...

I should mention here that there are 2 MOTU series coming and I'm extremely worried about them. Especially the one that is not "Kevin Smith's continuation of Filmation".  By seeing the modern trends in late 2010s and 2020s cartoons, yeah, I'm VERY AFRAID OF HE-MAN!

THEN THERE'S THE PERENNIAL RESIDENT OF CINEMA DEVELOPMENT HELL, MOTU: the movie, which seems to release a bit of news that feels like it was tailored to piss me off. Between cast, comments about the director's "vision", etc.

He-Man has been a huge part of my life, and it feels like the Universe is trying to take him away from me as it did with my Mom. And honestly, it's a bit... no, it's a very, very scary thing!! Not in a "they ruined my childhood" way, but in an "I am not worthy of He-Man because you're a garbage human for not loving the current year stuff." I guess I could describe it as if I was being gaslighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment