Jul 20, 2020

Odds and ends July 20 2020: Toys

Not the weird Robin Williams movie... but toys, as in one of the main topics here at the House of Rants.
NECA is on "apology mode" due to the two-pack snafu and Toon Metalhead selling out in seconds. I honestly don't know how sincere this apology is, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But this is NOT what I wanted to talk about... Shit! I MISSED OUT ON TOON METALHEAD!!

Sorry about that. Haha very funny, Speck... but a new Toon TMNT figure nay have been leaked
It seems that Mondo Gecko is the newest character to get the NECA TMNT treatment. He looks pretty cool... but, I'm not that hyped for him. Honestly all I need is April and Casey... and Master Splinter... Krang's Android Body would be the final figure. Having Leatherhead stuck with Slash guide the ruins Leatherhead for me.  I think the hassle involved in getting these NECA toys is turning me off from getting them. I mean yeah I know Super7's method isn't that great either but at least I can order them and get them... even if that means having to wait like an entire year or more for the figures. With NECA I'm reliving the worst moments of Mattycollector.

Update



Krang's Android Body has been leaked.
Speaking of Mattel and crap, They have a poll on.. Instagram? To vote for a MOTU ORANGES figure.
The choices are:
What were they thinking!? These choices make no freaking sense!
Blackface Man-at-arms:
I know it's Anti Eternia Man-at-Arms, but WHY!?
This choice makes no sense whatsoever since there isn't an Anti Eternia He-Man figure on this line. Let's call it what it really is a lazy repaint.

Half-assed Mini comics Tri-Klops:
It makes sense to have a mini Comics triclops on a line that supposed to be called Origins. But giving him the incorrect boots it's a load of bullshit! You already made the nee armor, make the damned correct boots! I honestly see this is a huge middle finger to Classics collectors. This was a VERY DESIRED variant of Tri-Klops  and Mattel kept ignoring it until now...

Wun-Dar:
WHY!?  lazy repaint is lazy.

Adam Skeletor:
While I enjoyed Jet Li's The One He-Man; I am scratching my head by this... WHY!? I don't get it. The mini series ended a couple of months ago and it didn't have excellent reception. The push for this figure should have been made WHILE THE COMIC MINI SERIES WAS ACTIVE! This feels to me like another Mattel "strike when the iron has cooled down moment".

No comments:

Post a Comment