Jul 25, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: Poing Super Combat the cartoon version.

Everyone remembers Fisto's Forest. No it's not an euphemism for his genitalia. Also, he is NOT an Eternian proctologist. Big tanned ginger... which we know it's a lie, since Natural Gingers only have 2 settings: Casper White and Lobster Red. He also has a huge right hand, which is incredibly cool to the touch or hot, depending the time of day...  because it's a metal fist...  hence the name Fisto.

Articulation 
Fisto has the standard Super7 club Grayskull articulation...
Minus the right fist for obvious reasons and the abs, because Super7 doesn't believe in a Shirtless Fisto.
Fisto: "Hey, Nefty know the Capital of Thailand?"
*KLANG!*
Fisto: "What the Huh!?"
Nefty: "Bangkok? Not today!"
Adam: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"
Fisto: "What the heck is wrong with the Prince?"
Nefty: "Don't look at me! I'm not part of this Toyline!"
I find the lack of ab crunch highly disappointing. I'm not going to comment on the lack of articulation on the fist...  who am I kidding you know I'm going to comment on that!
Angel cartoon we've seen that his first operates like a normal hand just metallic and oversized. Sadly the toy follows Mattel toy route. Shame that he can't open his fist...
4.0
FILMATION Fisto: "What in Lou Scheimer's name are you!?"
MOTUC Fisto: "I'm you, but better."
FILMATION Fisto: "Big Belt, Big Sword, Big Fist, are
you compensating for our shortcomings?"

Paint and sculpt 
I have no complaints on the sculpt aside the lack of ab crunch. Be wise he was pretty much okay aside a little bit of a derp eye. He's very accurate to his cartoon look so no complaints there.
4.5
Conan: "What in Crom's named!?"
Fisto:"We're men! Manly men!"

Accessories 
A modified version of the vintage Toy sword but with a way too wide grip. I have to be brutally honest this bike was the most disappointing part of the figure. I kinda wish he came with a smaller version of this:
I know sizes vary on Filmation, but seriously, Fisto was secerily lacking in the accessory department. Hell even the tree with Skeletor's projection would've helped. If Man-e-Faces can come with tons of stuff, why was Fisto so bare bones?
2.5
Fisto: "I have to sleep on a separate bed from my Wife...
For obvious reasons. I accidentally sleep punched my ex-wife
to death. Luckily this was when I worked for Skeletor."

Overall:
Regrettably, I have to give Fisto a 3.67 as his final score. I blame the reduced articulation and lack of accessories for that. The sad part is that he's a really great figure; heck I'd dare say that he's one of the better Masters of the Universe figures by Super 7.

Only 3 more items until the end of MOTUC coming out the Toy Chest...

No comments:

Post a Comment