Jan 1, 2022

The Girls are all together now... They're still Golden

 Thank you for being a friend, Betty White... You, Estelle, Bea, and Rue were great individuals, but together, you were Golden...

As you might have guessed, this is related to Yuna dancing for Betty after Haley Joel Osment set his necrosight on the last best thing before sliced bread. Fun fact: Betty White predates sliced bread for 6 years. I wish I could wax poetic about Betty's life, but like most of you, I remember her as the naive lady from St. Olaf who packed heat after being robbed.


I could reminisce about my childhood when I sat at the apartments with Mom and we watched Golden Girls. We moved around a lot back then.  This was after I returned from my Grandparents a few months after the divorce. I also watched the Golden Girls with my Grandmother as she did her seamstress magic.

My memories are hazy, due to many factors, but whenever I watch reruns of Golden Girls, I feel peace... and intense pain... fast forward 18 years and my Golden Girls memories are a bit different. Now I'm lying on my Mom's lap as she goes Dr. Pimple Popper on my face and the Gilden Girls drown my agonizing screams

But keeping Betty White framed as Rose Nylund is a bit unfair to her legacy... sadly, Rose is all I got...

Shit! I forgot about Lake Placid... in any case my condolences to friends and family... 

Stop it Lake Placid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment