Jan 25, 2022

Random toy thoughts January 2022

 I'm collecting a few random thoughts here because the topics might not be big enough for individual rants:

Mattel's Jurassic World Amber Collection:
To this day, I've no idea what's happening with that line. I see you may know, my main focus on this line has been humans from the first movie. That's mainly because it's the only thing Mattel has released in the human Department. Also a Crisp Rat, but screw him. The lost world and Jurassic Park 3 have received zero human representation. 

Apparently the Amber Collection is done with Grant and Muldoon being the final figures. The line will be rebranded as Hammond Collection 
Grant, Sattler, and Malcolm will be the first humans for that line. I don't know if these will be redecos from Jurassic Park or if they're 6 inch super articulated Jurassic World Dominion versions of them. If it's the latter, it would be interesting. 

This scares me because I only need Gennaro, Wu, and the Murphy Siblings: Lex and Tim to complete my JP humans. It would be a MASSIVE DICK MOVE to cancel the line without having the last 4 remaining characters.

On the Dino side, rumors have a Gallimimus coming in 2022... Hopefully they rerelease the Dilophosaur. Wouldn't mind a Triceratops with the big pile of shit.

If my logistics weren't compromised due to the Greater Responsibilities, I'd ask for Vehicles.

If the 6 inch figures look bad, these look even worse...

Hasbro's G.I. Joe: Classified series:

Stalker and the Crimson Twins have been revealed. Stalker looks like a modified BeachHead body with some webgear and a Military scarf that looks pretty cool. The Scarf was what sold me on Stalker. It gives a bit of a Venom Snake vibe to him.
The Crimson twins look just as expected, but their faces remind me of someone who wouldn't let his likeness be used on a toy out of fear of Xenu stealing his soul or some Scientologist thing... Not going to name any Deeply Closeted Homosexual men of my stature with an Asymmetrical smile that might have jumped on a couch for Joey from Dawson's Creek. There's also a "vintage wave" that will release redecos of Classified figures in a slightly more vintage accurate style. Gung Ho, Lady Jaye, Destro,  and the Baroness are the figures on this wave. Out of these four I'm only interested in Destro.

Hasbro's Power Rangers Lightining Collection:
After missing out on Finster and the Ninjetti Rangers my interest is waning. Also, since a lot of the product is aimed at fans of seasons that I don't care about, I can rest my wallet for a bit. Hopefully the last 2 Dino Thunder Rangers get a release... Not gonna lie, I might be tempted by a Mesogog, Elsa, and Zeltrax.

Super7:
Waiting sucks... it's been over 2 years of waiting for Mumm-Ra the ever-living and Tygra. Cheetara is taking it slow, and don't get me started on James Earl Jones... is the Conan line still alive? I honestly have no clue how they will tackle Krang's Android body, or the Lunataks.

NECA:
I'm kinda losing interest in the Gargoyles line. I barely got Goliath and I'm not sure if I will continue after Demona... if I get her.
I never saw any of the Defenders of the Earth figures, nor was able to order a Phantom. 
Honestly, the only thing I might get from them is the Mousers I pre-ordered a while back, Usagi, Keno, any Movie figures... Hopefully I can get the barn April and Casey. 
Neca REALLY needs to rerelease Irma, a normal nom-bobble head April, and Casey.


No comments:

Post a Comment