Jan 6, 2022

It came from the Toy Chest: Goongala!! Again!?

 


This time is Casey Jones, the Toy version. I had 2 Casey Figures. The first one broke at the Left Forearm. It was glued on and forever immobilized. Casey 2 fared a lot better... mostly becaise I prefered to play with Casey 1. Casey 1 ironically was one of the few figures that survived the dark ages. Eventually my kid brother took a liking to him and he mysteriously vanished.

Last picture of Stock Casey before I
personalized him...

Articulation 
Casey has articulation similar to that of Shredder. The only difference is in the waist.
Shredder only has a waist twist, while Casey has an awkwardly implemented ball joint, that sadly is a bit unsightly. Also, some figures have this joint seemingly frozen. Mine was frozen for 2 days until some warmth helped it get unstuck.
I need to mention that his shoes block some ankle articulation.
4.0
Raph: Something something Jose Canseco, something something.
Casey: If you're not going to put in the effort, why bother, Cue ball?
Raph: I'll put an effort if you shave that rug in your belly... Also, would it kill you not bathing in Drakkar Noir?
Casey: I'm not a metrosexual! Real men have hair!! I wouldn't need to bathe in Drakkar Noir if my best friend didn't live in a frigging sewer!!
Raph: Calm your tits 40-Year Old Virgin! Fine!
A José Canseco Bat? Tell me you didn't pay for this...


Paint and sculpt
Before I discuss this, I must point out that the engineering for the waist articulation was done wrong. The crotch part was made for a vanilla waist twost, while the lower torso was made for a ball joint. Since I don't have access to a computer as I'm writing this, I can't MS paint an explanation. The best I can do is use brackets and parentheses.
A normal waist twist would look like this:
Torso][crotch both pieces being flat and theoretically flush against each other. In Casey's case:
 Torso)[crotch both pieces do not match each other. It shoul be more like:
Torso))crotch which allows for the ball movement and keeping the joints looking as close to flush as possible.
Other than that, he's vintage Casey in a more realistic set of proportions.

Paintwise he matches the vintage toy...  There's nothing wrong with that, buuut I had to repaint some details... mainly the sculpted armhair and sculpted chest hair... here's a tip: unless you have a Gundam paint pen, DON'T. I also painted his blue highlights, because they look stupid with other characters having realistic colored hair. I also painted his mask in pearlescent white. I PREFER my changes (aside the arm hair issue) but MY changes are NOT what we're evaluating here.
4.5
Casey: His name is Hamato Rafaeru
Raph: His name is Casey Jones and for Today's Menu we have....
Casey: PAIN!!
Raph: Nice Japanese pronunciation there, Jones...
Casey: Thanks, kiddo! Now shall we begin?
Raph: GOONGALA!!
Casey: COWABUNGA!!


Accessories
Vintage Weapon tree made into a goal
Golfbag
3 bats
Hockey stick
Golf club
3 pucks
6 extra hands

I still stand that he needs a second head without his mask... but based on the amount of accessories he gets a 
5.0
April: This is April O'Neil sogning off for Channel 6 Happy Time News due to having to cap some Robotic Ninjas threatening my life... again!
Casey: Since when do you pack Heat?
April: Woman, New York, 1980s, constantly kidnapped by Ninjas and Aliens...
Casey: You forgot the Mutant gangbangers...
April: How did you- Ah you meant Gangbangers as in criminals... nevermind...
Casey: Alright, who wants to get their Ro-butt kicked? Wait a minute... did you?
April: Not the time to discuss my sex life, Casey... There are Robots that we have to beat off- Up!!.
Casey: Robots too!? What? Are you going to suck their Robo-dicks now?
Foot Soldiers: Activating Robococks!
Casey: They have Robococks and a fuck mode!?
Foot Soldiers: Silence, we're not interested on the human female...
*Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!*
Foot Soldiers: System Failure...
Casey: You shot them in the dick! How did you know? Don't tell me you-
April: Casey, just shut up! Donatello told me their weakness is their Robococks...
Casey: Because Donatello does Machines, right? Right?


Overall
Casey get a 4.67 as his final score. Honestly, the crotch engineering making the waist unsightly was the biggest mistake here. If a future Mirage variant with an extra maskless head fixes that issue, then that Casey would be my default Casey.


No comments:

Post a Comment