Feb 8, 2023

2011 Thundercats: is it worth it for Super7 to pursue this era?

 I like 2011's take on Thundercats. It was a more MOTU-ized take on Thundercats. I wasn't fond of some design choices, but I liked the overall feel of the series... The question is:

Do I like Thundercats 2011 enough to rebuy:
Lion-O
Tygra (green armor)
Tygra (blue royal outfit)
Panthro (interchangeable arms)
Cheetara
Wilykat
Wilykit
Snarf
Lynx-O
Pumyra
Jaga
Mumm-Ra 
Mumm-Ra the Everliving
Slithe
Kaynar (Jackalman)
Addicus (Monkian)
Vultaire (Vultureman)

I know there are more charachters, but this list is mirroring the 1980s Thundercats that I own (the 2 Tygras on the 1980s versions would be normal and Stealth) at $55+ a piece, yes I said + because Mumm-Ra would be like $85, slithe could increase to $65, Vultaire, Addicus, and Panthro could have higher price tags as well. 

Yeah... suddenly my interest in the lineup is starting to falter... The only thing that could keep me interested is if instead of going for 100% show accuracy, they go for the Classicizer approach and make them compatible with the existing Thundercats Ultimates. Just like how Mattel made 200X snake armor compatible with vintage styled MOTUC. But some folks would prefer show accuracy and I don't blame them. 

But to be fair, my interest in Super7 action figures seems to be waning once again with TMNT Being the line that keeps me going and even there I already am skipping figures. With Thundercats, Snarf was the last figure I *Needed*. 

No comments:

Post a Comment