Feb 23, 2023

He-Man's animated curse has struck yet again.

Netflix's CGI He-Man series is apparently canceled. Right before Hordak... according to the series main writer, the show was not renewed after we got a tease of Hordak being the new Faceless One... aka Evil-Lyn's Daddy. 

In a way I'm sad for its cancelation, since it means that the new generation wasn't able to be hooked by MOTU like I was. Also, I called it when I joked about Hordak being teased that it would kill the toon... and still i can't hit the Powerball.

As always, I will blame Mattel for this. They have lost their way with MOTU and this cartoon obviously wasn't it. The sad part is that this show could've been Good if it had been more faithful to MOTU. It would have also hooked the older fans, which right now are THE ONLY THING KEEPING MOTU ALIVE. The toys looked like happy meal toys and hit clearance incredibly fast. At least Origins have done rather well. Had Mattel done a cartoon and paired it with Origons, they would've had a winner.

I haven't forgotten the other side of the coin in this blame game... Netflix. We know about Netflix's cancelation games. Not to mention the skin-deep diversity mandates that end up being the "tokenization" they complain about. Like in THIS MOTU how they did Stratos dirty by turning him into a black stereotype. I wouldn't be surprised if Mattel made some changes in order to follow Netflix's guidelines. 

Guess that MOTU is forever destined to be a nostalgia trap that will die with my generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment