Feb 23, 2023

New TMNT movie toys leaked

 Seems that the McFarlane rumor is most likely a dud... since the leak is from Playmates.

I was able to snag a pic before they were taken down.

As always, Playmates put a modicum of effort on the Turtles while the non-turtle characters get a lot less love. Surprisingly, they aren't quarter-assing the non-turtle folks. This time they're just half-assed.  I don't think I'll be buying these, because NECA and Super7 are delivering much better product.

For a PLAYMATES TOYS toyline, they seem decent. The only issue is that there are better TMNT toys out there and based on versions that I have an actual attachment to. I'm not saying that the movie is going to be bad. I'm only saying that on their own I'm not interested in these versions, or at least the take on them by Playmates Toys. If another company like:
Hasbro, Mattel, Jada, NECA, Super7, McFarlane, Storm Collectibles, Diamond Select, Bandai (Japan), Good Smile Company, or Kaiyodo, were to make these, I might be more interested. 

I know it sounds like I'm on the "Playmates sucks" bandwagon...  which I kinda am, but it's not that. The issue lies with Playmates "low risk" approach. They do the toy equivalent to companies making shovelware games as movie tie-ins. The sad part is that they HAVE the potential to be great... if they bothered to at least put more than minimal effort on their toys... like they did on the late 80s and early 90s.
In any case, once again, Playmates won't be getting my money... unless they do more Billie Eilish action figures. I want a normal looking Billie that hasn't tried to consume gallons of Tar. Is that too much to ask? HELL, If they make a Miley action figure with a 30 year old Miley, I'd so buy said figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment