Feb 21, 2023

Thundercats wave 8: Habemus Lunaktaks

 It's just Alluro, so no big... as in no Big guys like Tug Mug or Amok. Honestly, I expected Chilla. The only "dud" on this wave is Captain Shiner and while the character might be a "dud" he is almost a Japanese figure...

He possesses an alternate set of arms crossed over. I've only seen this on Japanese figures like... Of course! I forgot that Storm Collectibles isn't Japanese... So, let me ammend my statement. This is something usually seem on Asian Collectibles and not on Western toys. Shame that it's wasted on Shiner. He has 3 heads... whoa... oh look another sword of omens variation...

Alluro is OK. He's got a few hands, extra head and toon props, which I'm a sucker for. Heck his rod might have interchangeable orbs. Sadly, Hachiman and the Thunderkittens are where I end "my collection". I'm cutting back on most of my collecting due to personal issues, and it's not viable for me to be collecting 3 lines with $55+ figures. So, Thundercats and Silverhawks have taken the biggest hit... hell, even TMNT has made me a cherry picker.

Wilykit is a bit disappointment. All she has over her Mattel version is an Alternate head. Fuck! It's a winking head! All the inappropriate potential that this head has...

Hachiman... Hachiman... Hachiman...
He needed a third angry head without helmet. Other than that he's everything I expected.
Wait... it looks like he has a left hand to hold the saya and push the tsuba for the draw.
I have the BIGGEST WEEB BONER right now! 

If I were to rank them from best to worst in an objective manner, the ranking would be:
Hachiman
Shiner
Alluro
Wilykit

Update

My good ol' He-Man dot org buddy, MegaGearMax brought something to my attention:

Super7 Wilykit is NOT reusing the Mattel sculpt...

God dammit... insert Wilykat and Kit pretending to be helpful and dropping their PENS ON THE THING WHILE I'M TALKING Thundercats bloopers reference.
So, I better rearrange the list now:
If I were to rank them from best to worst in an objective manner, the ranking would be:
Hachiman
Wilykit
Shiner
Alluro

Which means fuckdammit! I might need to buy a $55 Wilykit!

No comments:

Post a Comment