Feb 25, 2023

Jada Toys Street Fighter Wave 3 Speculation

 Most of Jada Toys Street Fighter wave 1 is available for preorder. Chun Li is MIA at the moment. We know that Dhalsim, Bison, and Ken are Wave 2. Also, it seems that waves will be composed of 3 figures. The line is apparently based on Ultra Street Fighter 2, which means it's got the 17 SSFIIT roster AND Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. So, we have enough characters for 6 waves AND 1 spare... meaning that we need some "filler" to complete a full wave.

OK let's make a wave 3... but before we start, let's add a pic of Ryu and Fei Long, so we can determine the amount of accessories... which in comparison to Japanese Imports, Jada's are rather bare bones.

So, let's look at possible candidates for Wave 3. I will pick 9 characters that they could make and then out of those 9 I'll pick 3 for my theoretical wave 3:

Evil Ryu and Violent Ken won't be on the list because they're repaints of Ryu and Ken and PERSONALLY, I believe they should be saved for the last 2 USF2 waves.

First 3 will be the Parts Reuse club:
Basically, characters that can allow for some budget saving options but still have enough new parts to not feel like a rip-off... (like Evil Ryu or Violent Ken)
Akuma:
He's mostly a Ryu repaint with new Gi, beads, and heads. Ryu's hands and Hadoken would be reused.

Dee Jay:
He's basically a Ken repaint without his gi from the neck down with maybe a new crotch. New heads and Machinegun fist effect. If possible extra hands with maracas.

Dan:
I know what you're thinking: Why am I adding Dan here since this is a SF2 list:
I give you some SF2 Era art of Sagat carrying the beaten body of a ponytailed "Shotoclone".
It's Dan's first appearance in SF lore.
He's literally a set of heads (second head crying), Gadoken hand (a hand where the Gadoken can be plugged in since it doesn't travel too far)

The next tier will be characters that are Larger:
These guys usually require little to zero accessories.

E. Honda:
Aside an extra head, all he needs is a hundred hand slap effect for his hands.

Balrog: 
This one needs only an extra head because of his boxing gloves. 

Zangief:
Extra head, hands and green hand effect.

Tier 3 is the Normal sized folks.

Cammy:
Extra head and hands maybe one of the heads might be one without beret for her winning. Pose and a hand holding her beret.

Guile:
Extra hands, Sonic Boom and Stand. If possible a hand with his comb sculpted on it or 2 effects that plug into his fists as if Guile was mid way through firing a  Sonic Boom.

Vega:
Unmasked head, Open hand, loose mask can be grasped by it, claw hand without claw.

There I have 9 characters with high potential of making it to wave 3...
Yes, I know that Blanka, T. Hawk, and Sagat are popular too, but I could only choose 9. Then there's another slot that could be filled to reach 21 characters and have 7 waves of 3. But back to the topic at hand: what could be wave 3:
Here I'll do 2 wave 3: one will be what I expect. The other will be what I want:

I expect:
Dee Jay
Balrog
Guile

We get a break from Shotos, we get another of the Bosses and we get one of the most popular characters.

I want:
Dan (because he's a curve ball)
E. Honda 
Cammy

Of course I could be wrong and Jada chooses the 3 I didn't mention in full detail.
We're going to have to wait and see. Honestly, I hope we can get at least the SSFIIT roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment