Feb 11, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: He'll put a shock to your system...


 Which my immature teenage mind at the time purposely misheard it as Static putting something to your sister. It rhymes with shock, dock, and mock, but again, I was a teen! OK, even in my 40s, I still giggle at that joke.

So, Static: Created by Dwayne McDuffie at Milestone Comics, a DC subsidiary whise main focus was making comic books starring minorities. Static is one of the most popular characters by Milestone. He was "Miles Morales" before Miles Morales was even thought of. By that I mean that he's a young teen who gains his powers by a freak accident. Now he struggles to find balance in hiw life between being a teenager and a Superhero. Basically, he's Milestone's Spider-Man ersatz. Personally, I like this approach. While there are similarities between Spider-Man and Static, we don't have a Spider-Man clone in Static. Unlike Miles Morales, who is a Black Spider-Man, Static is a Black character LIKE Spider-Man. By his hero name you can guess he has static electricity powers. 

Articulation 
His articulation is similar to most McFarlane figures. He has a decent range and most Static poses (pun not intended) can be pulled off.
4.5
Static: Holy I ain't doin' this Batman! Im not going to be a Robin Replacement...
Batman: Now Listen to me you little Beoulve shit! Delita did nothing wrong after they killed Teta...
Static: It's Tietra.
Batman: Only on the PSP remake. I played it on the o.r.i.g.i.n.a.l. Playstation, where Ramza didn't sound like a whiny Bang Baby with static cling and Delita's sister was named after a Spanish titty. Now shut up because MAD tV reruns are on!
Static: Ooh! MAD TV! I love Phil LaMarr!


Paint and sculpt
I get he's  based on the new 52 look but he looks bad. I only got him because it's Static and I had promised myself to get a Static figure if one was made. Because the sculpt isn't that great. His hair looks awful. Static's dreads generally look a bit more wild. Here they're "too realistic" looking.
4.0
Static: I'll put a shock in your system...
Nefty VO: Ha! Joke's on you! I have no sister!!
Static: What does having a sister have to do with...
Grow up, will you!?


Accessories 
2 static blasts
His nu52 hovering disc I mean hexagonal plates
Stand

Not bad, but a set of open hands would've been better.
4.5

Overall
Static gets a 4.33 to shock his system. Personally, I would've preferred either a pre-flashpoint Static or the Kids WB! STATIC. 


No comments:

Post a Comment