Feb 1, 2018

New TMNT toon Character designs "leaked"

Nickelodeon is making a new TMNT series, where Raphael is Leonardo and Leonardo is Raphael... And April's black...
These are the supposed official character designs:

And you can start to see the beef I have with this: What the Hell did they do to Splinter, Leonardo, Donatello, and Michelangelo!?  Getting some funky vibes here...

Yup, that and more Michael Bay Turdles to up the suck!
The art kinda looks like a hybrid of 2012 and TMNT 200X (200X is not just for MOTU)
I know that for years, they've tried to make Raph a tank, but come on, making Leo look as wimpy as this wimp Donatello is messed up. Also how can he fit through the street accesses to the sewers?

And notice something? Raph lost his Sai, Mikey his nunchaku, Leo lost a sword, and April is some sort of Green Lantern now. Just read a reaction on Facebook that sums up part of my issues with the TMNT designs, especially Mikey:

"I don’t hate it but it looks more Battletoads than Ninja Turtles in design."

Now the Elephant in the room: April...
Once again, she's made a child. I don't mind  that she's black. The race swapping no matter in which direction is made... (White to Black, Asian to white,  Black to Asian, Black to White) it bothers me.
If you want diversity ADD characters, don't REPLACE EXISTING CHARACTERS!!

WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY, Black April doesn't bother me. Aside the Green Lantern construct bat, or that she looks like Superhero Girls Bumblebee's smaller sister and the glasses kinda give me Irma vibes...

Looks like I'm very likely to skip this.

No comments:

Post a Comment