Feb 18, 2018

Toy fair 2018 odds and ends...

I have TO Say That Funko kicked everyone's ass. Funko POPs out of a bunch of properties including one of a certain actor who was caught playing with himself... Yes, I'm so buying that Pee-Wee Herman POP... Then we have Deadpool as Bob Ross's among many others...

But Remember the MOTU Kombatants? Well Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and other horror icons are getting the pseudo MOTU treatment. They will be reimagined as Barbarian Fantasy with sci-fi elements characters... But wait there's more...
Thundercats Classics *MIGHT HAVE BEEN COCKBLOCKED* by Funko. They're releasing Vintage MOTU scale Thundercats.
The main 4 cats and Mumm-Ra the Everloving will be released as well as Slythe, Monkian, and Jackalman.

But I'm not finished yet!
Let me ask you: What's best in life?
Yup! Funko is doing what Mattel was supposed to have done 36 years ago... Ahnuld Conan toys... I normally don't do faux Vintage, but by Crom! It's King Hissfasa, Arnie as Conan and the rest... But if you do not want them, then The Hell with you!

In second place we have Hasbro... 10 years of MCU multi-packs and a Single carded Red Skull. Then they acquired Power Rangers and they're crowdfunding for a Jabba's barge in scale for the 3.75 inch figures.
Haven't heard anything on the Joe's or ponies. Ml will rape wallets...

Diamond Select is doing Ghostbusters... I know, they've done movie versions for some time already...
NO! I'm not talking about the 2016 ones... I'M TALKING ABOUT THE REAL Ghostbusters!! Blonde Egon played by the Brain, Ginger Ray played by Megatron, Winston played by Arsenio, and Venkman played by Garfield (and later by Joey Gladstone)

Storm Collectibles showed Rugal, Heihachi, Kazuya, Rain, Ermac, Smoke, and GORO!!
On the SF side there were some drawings of SFII Ryu, Ken, Guile, and Sagat... Alternate V outfits for Chun Li and Bison.
Sagat, Ken, and Guile are must have for me. I will most likely get Ryu as well, cause I'm a sucker for Ryu.

Wait, Lobo and Darkseid? From Injustice 2!? If Storm Collectibles is allowed to do the Injustice TMNT... Might have to sell my spleen or something...

Playmates... Let's not talk about those failed attempts at making Battletoads toys.

Now for last: Super7...
Nothing new in the classics front, but faux vintage is getting MAA, Beastman as well. If they're in the $10 range, I will most likely bite.

As much as I hate to say this, Super7 is losing steam with the MOTUC Community. I feel like they've bitten more than they could chew and now they're choking under pressure.

Teela looks a smidge better, but Hawke Looks terrible.


Forgot NECA! I fear their QC, but I need this:

Yup! The REAL Pennywise the dancing clown the toy. None of that edgelord Pennywise from the remake...

No comments:

Post a Comment