Dec 4, 2018

It Came from the Toy Chest: Punishment is for Punishers to give...

Eh, I tried so hard and got so far... In the end, I had nothing witty... But Punisher from the Vintage Wave is here... Has been for a while, and so were the rest of the original Vintage wave.
Why is it called vintage? Because it looks like a tribute to Toy Biz's Pre-ML era.
So, Frank Castiglione... Veteran. Family murdered by Mafia. Vows revenge. Wears Skull Shirt and kills criminals. Often ends up fighting heroes. Shot Wolverine in the dick...
So, let's get cracking Shall we?

Articulation:
His Articulation is Standard Fare for Marvel Legends. I believe he's Reusing most of Captain America's buck (Cap Wolf). My complaint about the butterfly Pectoral Articulation, while still valid on Cap, doesn't apply that much to Frank.
4.5

Paint and Sculpt:
I dropped the figure and a small bit of paint chipped of his left forearm. Other than that, he's awesome. His sculpt, as I mentioned is reused from another Punisher figure whose Bandana is white. I believe he also had more guns. I prefer the Bandana head over the other one, because I'm not much of a fan of the Clean shaven Frank. I prefer a scruffy Frank. (This is mostly in part thanks to John Romita Jr. and his work on the 90s Punisher War Zone.)
4.5


Accessories:
Hasbro he needed AT LEAST 1 MORE GUN!! Just to have something other than the Overkill weapon against jaywalkers that he currently has. The rocket Launcher is cool, but he needed a bit more.
2.0

Overall:
Frank gets a 3.67 as his final score... Looks like I WILL Replace my War Zone Punisher from the Toy Biz Era...





No comments:

Post a Comment