Dec 6, 2018

It Came from the Toy Chest: A Tale of two Archangels...

I have been working hard on getting some late 80s early 90s X-Men love... and the Tragic Archangel is one of those characters who was missing...
-OBJECTION!!
That statement is a lie, you OWN THE TOYBIZ X-MEN CLASSICS ARCHANGEL!

-Yeah, but his wings are inaccurate and Hasbro made a Superior Archangel!

-Well, that is True

-As I was saying:
Hasbro's Superior Archangel with more Accurate wings was a necessity, but alas, I came back to ML a few years too late. He's expensive as heck and when I saw an Archangel for under $20 I fell for a sucker!

I have bought good bootlegs... This wasn't one of those. He Can't stand, since his sculpt has no ankle articulation and the ankles are crooked. His articulation feels Mid-90s, when companies began going beyond the 6 poa. His wings are TINY compared to the Official Release! A few weeks after this rip-off arrived, we get the announcement of the Hasbro Archangel getting a rerelease... with an Accessory for the Apocalypse wave BAF (which I have NOT SEEN ANYWHERE!! Aside the Logan and Betsy I ordered Online and a Gladiator, whose review will come soon.) So, now I shall review the REAL DEAL Archangel!

Articulation:
Before I start... Holy crap! The Bootleg's Wings FIT ON THE REAL ARCHANGEL!! Now that I got that out of the way... He reeks of dick... and by dick, I mean Scott Summers... His body has the same articulation quirks as Scott's, seeing they share a body sculpt.
Ratcheted joints for Warren, which he needs to hold his heavy wings.
All four wings are Articulated.
4.5

paint and sculpt:
While the Bootleg has a Metallic color scheme based on the previous release... (Which looks cool) I am warming up to this duller repaint. Especially since the duller colors make the golden Death Mask pop better. I mentioned the Cyclops buck as part of the articulation, but we have to repeat it here. The new parts, being the heads are amazing... Heck, the Evil Warren head could be repainted for an Arcade figure. (Apparently, these extra heads are Adam Warlock heads)
5.0

Accessories:
3 extra heads and an accessory for the Apocalypse BAF... Not to mention his Mighty Wings...
The only thing missing here is the Folded wings. But at least I have the Bootleg... Now to find some bright silver paint... 
5.0

Overall:
Warren Worthington III gets a 4.83 as his final score. He's not perfect, but he damn sure tried his best!


 I know what you're thinking: What about the Bootleg?
Well:
Articulation:
He has Single pint hinges at the knees and elbows. The shoulders are on a pseudo balljoint. The hips have a true balljoint, as well as the head. They pop off easily. The wings are shrunk versions of the real deal. The piece that connects to the back is part of the figure's back on the bootleg.
2.0

Paint and Sculpt:
The sculpt is a decent reproduction of the official figure, but with tons of articulation removed.
The paint applications are SEMI-DECENT on this figure. The pink is a mess, where some areas seem sloppier than others.
2.0

Accessories:
He has his not so impressive wings when compared to the original... But these are essential for a dude named ARCHANGEL!
3.5

 Overall:
Bootleg Worthless III gets a 2.5 as his final score... You might have ripped me off Bootleggers, but I still get the last laugh... I got a decent accessory for my official Archangel...
 But next time try to TRULY copy the figure instead of quarter-assing it...





No comments:

Post a Comment