Dec 9, 2018

It Came from the Toy Chest: Hulkamania is running wild, brother!

Ichiban!! Well, Storm Collectibles made one and it was Under $50... So I got one, brother!


Normally I don't buy wrestling figures... Aside the times that I do... And Hogan was the kind of oddity that screams: "Nefty! This must come out of the Toy Chest!! It's so 80s, has cartoons and videogames attached, and it's a kickass figure of your favorite Old School Wrestler!"
and now I own a Storm Collectibles 1/12 scale Hulk Hogan.

Won't go on Hulk Hogan, his wrestling career, VH1 Reality Show, Infomercials, war against Gawker...
Let's get on with the review, brother!!
Articulation:
The Articulation is Normal for Storm Collectible Figures. I have to say that the knee pads do hinder it slightly, but not enough to ruin poses. Like Zangief, sometimes he tends to pop out and it's a pain to pop him back in... Especially when putting or removing the shirt.
5.0

Paint and sculpt:
He looks a LOT MORE LIKE Hulk Hogan than Hulk Hogan does... and a lot more than the Mattel figure, which was decent for its time. I don't see any slop on my figure. Then there's the glasses. They look weird
5.0
You know what's coming...

Accessories:
-extra pair of hands (one set for grabbing, the other for punching)
-Shirt
-Bandana
-sunglasses
-Necklace
-Belt
-Knee Pads
-Stand
-Feather Boa

While I would've liked a pointing finger for Hogan, I cannot complain about a $27 Storm Collectibles figure...
5.0

Let's dance, brother!
Overall:
Whatcha' gonna do when Hulkamania
runs wild on you?
It's hard to use the normal rating, because Hogan breaks the system with his 5.0, brother!I kinda now want a The Rock to have him face Hogan.










No comments:

Post a Comment