May 25, 2019

If I had Aladdin's lamp, I'd wish...

For the live action movie to be undone. It was BAD. It wasn't a trainwreck level of bad, but it was bad. I guess I should start with the Guy Ritchie. At times it felt like he was trying really hard to distance himself from the animated version, but at the same time he try to stay close to the animated version while holding back at the same time. This is really obvious on the songs especially Prince Ali where they give will a betta freedom but they keep holding him back. We've seen the clave's we're basically the first half of this song is literally a Will Smith video. In the second half they only allow one Will Smith transformation which is basically cross-dressing Will.

A Whole New World felt like a whole.new 150 yards.

I'm still trying to figure out what Jasmine's handmaiden added to the story.
Remember that cool climax in the original when Jafar turned into a giant Cobra?
Well it doesn't happen in the movie instead we get a chase scene through agrabad with a giant Iago chasing it Aladdin and Jasmine.

The biggest mistakes of the movie in casting art who ever played Jafar who was really underwhelming!! I mean he was so underwhelming that he blended into the background to even more than Brie Larson in Captain Marvel...
The second miscast option is rather obvious.



Yes Will Smith was awful in this! Okay to be fair he wasn't horribly bad it's just that he was playing Fresh Prince Will. Which was precisely my biggest fear. For the sake of fairness I must commend Wales performances when he's doing a serious dramatic roles like: seven pounds, pursuit of happiness, concussion. Those type of roles... whenever he's playing a character that is somewhat funny he simply plays Fresh Prince.

Which brings me to the next part that humor it fell flat 98.7% of the time. They had a really lame jam joke that overstayed its welcome the first 20 seconds. You were trying to go for a bit of awkward humor but the humor never came. It stayed in awkward cringe-worthy mold most of the time.

If I were you I wouldn't bother watching this movie at the theater I'd wait until it's on Blu-ray and watch it at the electronics section of your favorite department store.

 The sake of fairness It wasn't all bad they were a little okay just two good things... and no it's not a boob joke. Naomi Scott pretty much carried all the scenes she was in. The other positive thing was that you never got a friend like me was decent. Sure it won't hold a candle to the original but it was actually enjoyable and made me forget that I was being tortured by a shitty live-action adaptation of a classic Disney movie.

Hopefully the Lion King won't suck as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment