May 10, 2019

It came from the Toy Chest: Cajun Gumbo tastes like playing cards.

And for some reason all I can think of is Silk Stalkings...
Yes, I'm reviewing The Ragin' Cajun, Gambit...
Remy LeBeau... Thief, Mutant, has the ability to charge objects with kinetic energy and make them explode. His weapon of choice, playing cards. He also mixes French with English, because Cajun.

Articulation:
He has a decent range of articulation despite wearing a long coat. It's not perfect because they called does get it in the way. But it's not a HUGE issue.
The hinge on his right wrist allows him to oldest staff in a "sword Aloft" pose.
4.0

Paint and sculpt:
Paintwise  he's really well-made. Glossy and metallic tones on him look really sharp! I have no complaints in the paint department. The sculpt on the other hand is worth a disappointment begins. Sure he's Gambit and we needed one so Hasbro may think that we can let some of these issues slide; I won't. The body is a bit wider on the Torso and the legs are like super skinny; so he looks disproportionate. Then we have to Mildly oversized Noggin whith a ridiculously wide chin and there's no shape to the Skull. It looks like once it goes over his headband; It's a flat surface where hair was planted.
It looks really weird. Then the extra hand that is tossing that kinetic cards the movement gets ahead of the hand which is physically wrong and looks off.
3.5
Doom effects
make a nice staff
effect!


Accessories 
He has no build-a-figure piece. He only has a single charged card an extra hand tossing cards the cards are attached to his hand and his staff. I got to be brutally honest here. Cards have no detail on them so it's basically a clear pink card and he needed a second card tossing hand, just to have I Gambit that contains cards with both hands right now he can only cost cards with his left.
3.0

Overall:
Gambit gets a 3.5 as his final score. He's okay but he's not great; and he should have been great! I mean this is Gambit we're talking about. I'm honestly considering getting a spare ToyBiz  Gambit, I mean locating my spare ToyBiz Gambit since I have two of those. Pop out the head and Dremel out a larger hole so I can put the ToyBiz head on the Hasbro  body.

No comments:

Post a Comment