May 2, 2019

It came from the Toy Chest: Carlos Javier puts the X in Equis Men

Xavier in Spanish is Javier... and Carlos is Charles... do I need to shave my head and break my legs to give you the final clue?

Sp, I finally got a Professor X with Hoverchair.
Now I wait for Hasbro Gambit, Beast, Jubilee, and the not yet announced eventual Storm.
So, Charles Xavier... Bald, Psychic, crippled Martin Luther King Jr. Wannabe... creates an army of child warriors to stop evil mutants from being evil and ruining Human/Mutant relations.

I must point out that I immediately repainted my Hoverchair. The yellow had some ugly mold swirls, so I improvised.
And before you ask for the Koizumi review:
I was pissed that I accidentally broke a hand and the mailwoman dropped this on my porch. So, I chose to take a break on the Haruhi stuff to do Chuck!

Articulation:
Charles possesses the same articulation has any figure on the standard suit body like say chameleon Mark Ruffalo Robert Downey jr. Samuel L Jackson from Cap'n Meh Vel.
No I did not take pictures of Charles Xavier outside his chair. Why? Because it makes absolutely no sense to do so. Besides is literally the same suit body that we've seen a couple of times before. But I know you will ask is it good?The answer is yes it's pretty articulated and it's perfect for any other character that uses that kind of body; but for Charles Xavier, well the leg articulation isn't necessarily needed.
4.5

Paint and sculpt:
I already mentioned my slight issue with the hoverchair itself. Another small issue is the seam line right between the Middle of it which is a bit noticeable up front. But if you put that chair out and hope you won't see it that much. I'm thinking of gluing both pieces in mine together and maybe filling the Gap with some with the cornstarch and super glue mix to make it seamless.

The fear itself looks great and the only New pieces would be the head and hands. SOME people may have an issue with the eyebrows but I think they look okay.
5.0
Prof. X: What do you mean,
we're not in the MCU?
Stan's ghost: 'Nuff said!

Accessories:
Charles comes with
-the Hoverchair
-a blanket
-the cerebro helmet
-an additional head to use on the Kingpin body to turn him into Shadow King
-A psychic energy affect that would be more at home on the Revoltech Queen's Blade line than on a Marvel Legends toy
- a stand for the hoverchair.

The only issue I have with the accessories is technically it's 2 that stand on the psychic effect should have been clear instead of white. The stand it doesn't bother me as much because it kind of looks like it's raising  dust from the floor and everything but the psychic and kind of looks like semen yes you read that right:
 It kind of looks like someone ejaculated copious amounts of semen at the back of Charles Xavier's head.
5.0

Overall:
Charles Xavier gets 4.83 as his final score. It's a great score and ironically things that hinder sick from being a perfect score it's the only thing that was overdone for the better on the figure.
I can feel the 90s oozing
out of this pic.
Random bit of trivia: a few minutes after I took this picture I received an email notification from Entertainment Earth that my 90s styled Marvel Legends Gambit 90's Marvel Legends Gambit was shipped and they're waiting for my Beast and Jubilee to ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment