Jun 10, 2021

It came from the toy chest: Crom, show me the wizard who killed my mother!

True I’ve never prayed to you before. 
Still, what would I give if you could help me see this through? 
And if you do not listen, then the hell with you! Crom, where are the two snakes facing each other? 
Crom, if you’re my god then show me the way. Anyaaah, gnyaaaaahyaaaayaaaaa Yaaaaa ah aaaah ahhh!!

If you have guessed that this is Conan related, then you're right...It IS Conan!

Specifically, the Iconic Sword Pose Conan by Super7. Based on Conan the Barbarian, the movie, not the comics.

And if I were to get technical, this would've been THE ONLY Conan I would've bought if they had shown him before the comic book version.

Articulation 
Crom! He's as posable as a MOTUC Figure without boot cut! But the hands and wrists compensate a little bit. While this puts him in a less articulated range than say McFarlane's or NECA'S, he can still pull off many poses.
Hair being the only issue on the alternate "Apache Chief" head.
4.5
Conan: Stand Back He-Man, This Snake is mine!
He-Man: But Conan-
Conan: If it bleeds, I can kill it!
He-Man: You don't have to-
Conan: GET TO DA RAIDA!!!
He-Man: Fine, have it your way...
Conan: I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman.
Serpentine Hsss: What?



Paint and sculpt 
I have a few issues with the head sculpt here. It doesn't look that much like Arnold Schwarzenegger. The head being a bit waxy doesn't help much either.
 It kinda reminds me of the Not quite Dolph Lundgren Movie He-Man head... but in a Schwarzenegger version.  It kinda does but it kinda doesn't. The heads look a bit small on the MOTUC body. Paintwise, it looks like a slightly dirty MOTUC. It's more detailed, but at the same time it doesn't feel out of place.
4.0

Accessories 
Sword
2 open hands
Extra head (with longer hair and circlet. Kinda looks like Apache Chief)
Alternate Necklace
3.0
Lion-O: HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
He-Man: I still don't see why you have to insult your mother like that...
Conan: Hah! Prince pink tights got you there, Lionel!!


Overall
Conan gets a 4.17 as his final score. I feel like if the head sculpts had been a bit better, and maybe had a few more accessories, he could've fared much better. Hopefully Thulsa Doom is better. I couldn't take more pics due to a massive power outage covering half of PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment