Jun 19, 2021

It came from the Toy Chest: Really, her dad didn't know!?

 


I'm talking about Commissioner Gordon and his daughter, Barbara, being Batgirl. Yes I'm aware that recently they retconned this and now he has always known. I call bullshit on that.

Nowadays it feels like Barbara isn't even trying to hide that she's Batgirl. Which brings us to this toy:
Domino Mask with pointy "batman ears" and her hair flowing everywhere. Which leaves her DNA all over town. 


Articulation 
Babs has a decent range of articulation. Acrobatic poses are mostly doable. Her cape doesn't hinder the articulation that much.
4.0


Paint and sculpt:
Well I'm not fond of this look for Batgirl, mostly because her face is barely covered, the sculpt captures this version perfectly. The paint job is pretty good I can't seem to find any sloppiness on her... unless I zoom in on some yellow areas.
4.5


Accessories 
Grappling gun with the grappling hook being fired
Batarang

I kind of wish she had gotten a second head with a more classic cowl. I blame the stupid build a Batmobile for her lacking accessories.
3.5


Overall
Batgirl gets a 4.0 as her final score. I think she would have scored a bit higher if she had gotten some extra accessories and had a slightly better articulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment