Jun 17, 2021

Single Save File Bullshit...

 The recent news of a sequel to Breath of the Wild and a director's cut to Death Stranding kind of made me want to play those games again,(by those, I mean BotW, and MGSV, because fuck Death Stranding) but I don't want to delete my save file with the beaten game... well, tough luck! These games only have one save file and that's bullshit. Wanna play a new game? Well, say goodbye to the tens of hours wasted on your previous play-through... so you beat the game 99.5%? Tough shit, ma boyo! You started a new game and all that progress went down the toilet!

And no, downloading your 100MB+ save to a data storage outside of the console is NOT a solution. When I wanted to play a new game of MGSV I had to get the game on PS4... with BotW I got a Switch... seriously, this bullshit has to stop.  We should always have more than 1 manual save slot, period... 

I'm not asking for 20 save slots here. I'm asking for at least the most basic 3 save slots. That way I can come back what am I haven't played in years, dick around for a bit while I get my bearings and not ruin the main save file where I kicked so much ass in 2014. Modern games with a single save file are a load of bullshit. I shouldn't have to be pouring additional drives to the console to move saves around or remove SD card from the console; pop them in the PC in order to copy save files.

No comments:

Post a Comment