Jun 4, 2021

It came from the toy chest: Thanos won't fall to the Thanus strategy.

 The final part of the Marvel Superheroes boss Rush...

I'm talking about the being who courts Death, Thanos!! The Mad Titan and mostly known for searching for the Infinity Gems.


This is the second Thanos I own, with the first being the Marvel Select Thanos, forever banished to the storage bins of oblivion. I'm a bit torn because I loved the hell out of the Marvel Select Thanos, but this one is winning me over.


Articulation
Thanos is not going to get an award for articulation. Being a big and bulky BAF Sized figure, he loses some articulation. Despite this he manages to have more articulation points than the Marvel select figure. While he could sit in a throne, if he gets one; I don't think he'll be riding any Thanoscopters anytime soon.
4.5


Paint and sculpt
His sculpt is pretty decent but I still prefer the Marvel Select version here. The paint work on the other hand is far much better on the Hasbro version than the Marvel Select version. I keep mentioning the Marvel Select one despite not having pictures of it because that was my default Thanos for multiple years.  BUT THE MORE I look at this one, I have fallen for it.
4.5


Accessories 
A King Thanos Head that doesn't suit that body
2 extra Left hands.
I feel that for a deluxe figure we're getting shortchanged here.
4.5


Overall
Thanos reigns with a 4.5 as his final score. He could have been better, but at the same time he still is decent enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment