Jun 10, 2021

Kevin Smith might have the power!!

 Just saw the trailer to Revelation


Short Circuit music aside, I wept when I saw this. Good tears, not what in the hell are you doing type of tears. This looks promising and there were tons of references to characters and toys from the original line. This trailer was super fanservice-y in a good way. Unlike his sister's series, the respect and reverence to the source material is noticeable here. Also, Silent Bob, He-Man is 39... sure some toys were stamped with 1981 as that was the production date, but the toys were released in 1982 and the Filmation cartoon in 1983. I know rounding it up to 40 makes it sound more epic than 38-39, but for the sake of accuracy it's 39.

The trailer, so far didn't show anything of the "hyper woke rumors". I'm hoping that the rumors are wrong and that most of the show remains with the same kickass energy as the trailer... but if the rumors are right, I hope the action still remains kickass enough to tolerate the preaching. I REALLY hope the rumors are wrong though. I better make sure everyone understands this loud and clear:

I'm NOT against progressive themes and messages in the show. I just don't want the story to take a backseat to the faux progressive pandering that western media seems as trendy.

As long as the story is the master, there should be no issues. But if the story grinds to a halt just to show some virtue signaling for the sake of "woke points" then, that's problematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment