Jul 16, 2021

No more hood for Cobra Commander...

 The mystery of Cobra Commander's missing hooded head is *kinda* solved.

According to Super7 big boss, Brian Flynn, the hooded head is not allowed. Only the stupid Helmet head is allowed. Apparently, the reason the hooded head has been banned is

Because the Klan uses hoods and Cobra Commander uses a hood... Cobra Commander is a Klansman... Klansmen breathe... you breathe... You're a Klansman... see how stupid that logic is?

Also, aren't Hasbro making Baron Zemo toys?
I know, they turned the hood into a balaclava.
So, I'll let you reach the conclusion on your own.

Seriously, the Hood highlights the evil of CC much better than the Helmet. Personally, I fond the hood more terrifying than the Helmet.
I get the reflective surface of the helmet is so you can see yourself in Cobra Commander, but I AM NOT Cobra. The hood is more terrifying because it could be ANYONE underneath it. My brother, my father, my neighbor, my boss, my ex-father-in-law, ANYONE... and yes, even that super, super, loose association of Hoods = evil HELPS sell the whole Cobra Commander is evil AF.
I understand it that this self-censorship is to avoid the Twitter outrage mob. Let's remember that for a few years Hasbro kept GI Joe dormant. This was precisely to avoid the outrage mob. I understand the reasons but I find them stupid. 

With the way things are going oh, Spirit iron knife is going to lose his traditional look. He's probably going to end up looking like Dora the Explorer with a bandana.

No comments:

Post a Comment