Jul 17, 2021

So, Loki... random thoughts

 I have mixed feelings with Loki. It wasn't bad, but the Final Episode was the one that ruined the series for me. 



Not even Twilight Sparkle making an Applejack impression could save the series for me.



I didn't LOVE the series. I enjoyed Hiddleston's Dynamic with Owen Wilson far more than Sofia Di Martino and Hiddleston. (I blame the woll they won't they self-cest angle) I'm gonna blame the series being 6 episodes only with Episode 5 being the best of them all. Classic Loki rules and Reptilian Loki is cool too!

At the end Girl Loki now called Sylvie wasn't the villain. It was Patrice Wilson pretending to be Kang The Conqueror. Before any self-righteous douche begins to scream Racism, because I said two black men had some similarities, just shut up! I'm not talking Physically. Just as Patrice has weird powers and can manipulate his world however he wants, "He who remains" is basically doing the same thing as Patrice Wilson.

Alison Gold is Sylvie, the black kid is Loki, and Patrice is He who Remains. Instead of getting a threat that would make Doctor DOOM seem like an angry Chihuahua, we got a buffoon that could spend his time making awful music videos with little girls.

- But he's a variant of Kang!

Yes, he is and first impressions are very important. This Kang was, how shall I put this, underwhelming. I KNOW that this is anothwr setup for Doctor Strange 2. The problem is that it FEELS like a setup for Doctor Strange 2.  The Glorious Purpose of this series was world building for Dr. STRANGE 2 AND the rest of phase 4. This was entertaining Filler... but it's still Filler. Hopefully, Black Widow is not a trainwreck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment