Jul 4, 2021

There was a TMNT/MOTU Crossover comic in the works that sadly got canceled.

 All we have is a few sketches done by Artist Freddie Williams... Let's face it... while this crossover would be weird in principle, the idea of the Turtles in Eternia isn't that far-fetched...

After Thundercats, a TMNT crossover is the most logical thing.


This pic screams so much awesomeness and so much 80s that a Members Only Jacket materialized on my person... I even grew a MacGyver mullet and a pair of nocturnal sunglasses.

Why having the TMNT on Eternia and not the MOTU on Earth? Simple:

MOTU on Earth triggers a lot of people...

Also, it's an excuse to have the Turtles dressed up as people of Eternia... (gotta sell those toys mentality.)

And yes, references to my favorite male voice actor, Cam Clarke, are coming:
Cam Clarke has been BOTH LEONARDO AND HE-MAN!! But most of you know him as a talking arm... 

Michelangelo is Meant to Be Ram Man? I thought that Hard-headed attitude was more of a Raph thing... oh wait, Ram Man is the dumb one, so that makes sense in a bad way... but for some reason my key wearing the Man helmet kind of makes me visualize him making a reference to the Juggernaut bitch meme as he dashes to tackle his enemies.

Raphael is Teela!? OK both are Hotheads, but for some reason I was picturing Raph as the big mean brawler, which could either be Ram Man or Fisto. Think about it... 

Sadly, Don-at-Arms doesn't sport Duncan's helmet. There isn't much I can say here, other than I kinda wish he had a bit more of MAA on him.

To paraphrase Princess Moonbutt!
Haha! The Cam Clarke References have been doubled!
Now tell me that you wouldn't have wanted to have these versions of TMNT in scale with either MOTUC or MASTERVERSE?
Hell, I would take them in Origins!!
Now imagine a giant Hordak-like monstrosity opening up its chest and revealing Krang inside of it (nod to BS Hordak) a Shredder/Skeletor Hybrid...
A Trap-Jaw styled Rocksteady and a Beastman styled Bebop... this crossover would've been a toy goldmine to us 80s old farts.
But The Powers That Be said no...

No comments:

Post a Comment