Jul 9, 2021

First came Transformers, then Power Rangers, now GI Joe!?

 This is the part where I mentioned that Super 7 is spreading themselves of it too thin. This is also the part where I mentioned that it has been 19 months since I ordered Tygra and Mumm-Ra the ever-living... 
Apparently we're getting GI Joe stuff by Super7:
The Cyborg stuff would be like the weird 11" Megazord that they announced a while back... Or the Cobra Battle Android Trooper... wait that is an actual GI Joe toy...
The other two "Classified" details are ReAction, which to be honest is a massive WTF because ReAction line are less articulated, yet more expensive 3.75" figures. But there is ONE more Detail there... ULTIMATES

Thundercats 
Silverhawks 
Disney
Power Rangers 
Transformers
GI Joe
Random Musicians
Japanese Wrestlers
Conan
Godzilla
TMNT

Plus any random one-off items like Toxie.
That's 11 lines a year. With the possibility of more lines to come. With 1-2 lines a month of 4 or more $55+ items. Fans with shallpwer pockets might begin to pick and choose their items or simply drop lines. In my case I'm skipping Power Rangers. I don't know if I'll pick up GI Joe. I'm already extremely picky with Conan. I'm on my way out with Thundercats. Screw that overpriced Thundertank!

These $55 Joes better be mind-blowing because it'll be a bit hard to surpass the recent classified line.  I'm going to review the Joes as soon as I get a few key characters in order to have a GI Joe week. 

Also, nostalgic accuracy will be detrimental for these figures. Many of the vintage Figure Head sculpts weren't that good especially on the females. While vintage animated series accuracy wouldn't be that bad, it wouldn't be that great either if they use the Club Grayskull approach. The best approach would be an "original interpretation" based on the vintage toys and animation with a more realistic filter... Think Early Mattel MOTUC. Where the Figures were close to vintage, but in more realistic proportions and with a little bit of added detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment