Jul 1, 2021

Fast and Furious 9... A rant

 I saw Fast and Furious 9... that's the second movie of this franchise that I watch at theaters... I have no freaking clue at what's going on with the franchise. It started Point Break with cars now it's basically Avengers with cars. How do you go from stealing DVDs to have a  Pontiac Fiero in outer space. Yes for the Furious 9th movie launched a car into space. I have to disclose that for years I've hated this franchise the only good movie for me was Tokyo Drift mostly because Japan and drift racing. I found the original to be a pale imitation of Point Break I had to be honest I didn't care much for it. I roughly started paying attention to the franchise while Mom was in a coma shortly before her death. Hospital waiting room played one of them. Saw the others at work between the time she was alive and when she died. 



By the time 8 showed up I had caught up with the franchise but I still wasn't fully sold on it; to be fair I still am not. They are the best example of popcorn movies. It's funny I remember how certain groups superhero movies but yet they flock to see these movies. Basically Vin Diesel and the rest of the cast are superheroes fighting cars that defy the laws of physics... Holy shit, Fast and Furious is proof that we're ready for Masked Crusaders working overtime fighting crime fighting crime...


It went from a kind of realistic type of movies to Saturday morning cartoon type of movie. Don't get me wrong, I like the bizarre evolution, but at the same time I'm trying to make sense out of it... 


Seriously, watch the trailer... it SPOILS EVERYTHING in the movie and has fakeout lines to boot...



No comments:

Post a Comment