Jul 12, 2021

Jurassic Park toys thoughts

 Tomorrow, we're getting Jurassic World reveals from Mattel. Hopefully these include the 6-inch Amber collection line that has been mostly populated by the original Jurassic Park cast. I believe only Crisp Rat has been the only non-JP character to be made for the Amber collection line. 

I honestly don't care for anyone outside the cast of the original book. Maybe I'd get a Sarah Harding and Kelly Malcolm but that's a big maybe.

The characters yet to be made from the Original Jurassic Park are:
Robert Muldoon:
 I expect to have his rifle shotgun... IIRC, he had a Rocket Launcher in the book... I suppose we could add an additional head without hat.

Donald Gennaro: 
There's not much you can do with Gennaro. Extra head without a hat, separates at torso when he becomes T-Rex food extra hands... Mattel probably won't give us a toilet for him to sit on before dying. Book version was badass though.

Alan Grant:
Extra head without hat. One extra hand holding the fossil claw. Probably reuse the flare from Malcolm.

Henry Wu:
Again, another character whose movie version had very little to do. So the toy isn't THAT toyetic, but we got John Raymond Arnold, so Wu is kinda needed.

The kids: 
I won't divide them because there isn't much to talk about them. Sure they get the night vision goggles. Tim would get the dinosaur book he bad and Lex gets a repainted computer.

And after these, I'll be out. Not interested in Lost World Stuff, much less JP3, or the Jurassic World stuff... OK I lied... I want the "Alan!" Raptor from JP3

Not gonna lie I would like a Ford Explorer with the Jurassic Park paint job... maybe with a WWE Slambulance or slamobile gimmick. A Jurassic Park Jeep would be nice as well for the 6 inch figures. I guess you might have noticed that what I wanted to make displays based on the original movie / book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment