Aug 5, 2022

Saw Rise of the TMNT Movie...

 It's no secret that I hate Rise of the TMNT. So it doesn't make sense that I'd watch the movie, but I did. For one simple reason... they tried to fix the Casey Jones mistake... by having a Time traveling (male) Casey Jones (jr.) Attempt to save the world from a Krang invasion.

So CJ2 is stuck in the past with the Turtles and Leo's ego gets in the way. This causes Raph to get captured and Leo's got to prove himself as a leader... Despite being based on Rise of the TMNT, it wasn't a trainwreck... it wasn't good either since it felt rushed and contrived at times. But there was one thing that was bugging me a lot... CJ2's voice sounded familiar... 

It's Haley Joel Osment... FUCK ME SIDEWAYS!! The last thing I needed in TMNT is an Osment...
Seriously,of all the voice actors in the world, it has to the dude with the Necrosight!! OK it's not Haley Joel Osment, but that it had to be on Rise of the TMNT where Leonardo sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog... and most of the characters are not acting like most versions of themselves. 

I'm aware that my dislike of the ROTTMNT continuity has an adverse reaction to the movie.
But putting it aside, it was average. If you enjoyed ROTTMNT, you might like this. Animation wise, this movie is great. The voice acting is top-notch. It's just that the story didn't work for me. Dammit, now I want to wash this off by watching Young and Hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment