Aug 9, 2022

Mattel wrekkin vehicles are coming in strong

Man, Mattel keeps making more and more wrekkin vehicles that it's a bit hard to keep up. I have the Slambulance and I bought a used one to make the Shellbulance, then there's the bikes. I own the Taker model. There's another model... I think it's Drew McIntyre's. The slam mobile with Braun Strowman, which I own and Amazon got a blue exclusive with Haku Machente. Then there's the ATV... Now thwy have a freaking Big Rig!! It looks so awesome, it has a crane and a caged ball that looks like it can hold a small enough McGuffin. Sadly no figure would fit in there other than Krang's brain. The crane telescopes close to 2 feet... Like all other wrekkin vehicles, it can receive battle damage. I can almost see Shredder driving it across the streets of New York giving chase to April and Casey, who are trying to escape on a Slamcycle. 

Now since I'm on a list mood, I'm going to list a bunch of vehicles I'd like to see getting the wrekkin' treatment:

Lowrider:
Randy Orton used one of these to attack The Undertaker. 
I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's one of Eddie Guerrero's lowriders. Mattel could make something that Kinda resembles all of eddie Guerrero's lowriders combined to avoid copyright issues... kinda like what Hasbro does with their non-classic Bumblebees that look like a fiat, a mini cooper and a camaro had sex while looking at pictures of vw beetles.
I do have an ulterior motive... just as I turned a Slambulance into a TMNT Shellbulance, I'd like to modify the lowrider into a Foot Cruiser substitute.

Limousine:
Throughout the years, WWE has had incidents with Limousines. It makes sense to make one. Also, it would be interesting to see what kind of battle damage Mattel could implement to it. 

Kurt Angle's Milk Truck:
I know no damage was done to the milk truck, but the toy could have a water pistol feature.

The reason for picking the Milk truck over Austin's Beer truck is WWE PG and Mattel trying to be kid-friendly. Also, if this nets me milk bottles of different sizes, Then I'm a happy camper.
Garbage truck:
I still can't believe this is from the PG Era. 
1


In any case, I don't need to explain WHY I want a garbage truck. 



I know this list is super short, because while there are more vehicle incidents, not all of them are that appealing... because not everyone wants a generic Sedan that looks like the love child of a Sunfire, Forte, Corolla, and Fiesta... or the Generic SUV that is the lovechild of a Montero, an Escape, a Sportage, and a Pathfinder. Just to give 2 examples of how those vehicles could be.

Then there are things like Austin's Monster Truck, that is super cool, but at the same time, I can't figure out any realistic options for battle damage and I don't want to disappoint myself into getting one to make a Turtle Tenderizer that can't fit Rocksteady and Bebop.

Or more recent, Brock's tractor... no, seriously, who the hell wants a 1:11 Tractor? 

Now, I've stated before that I'm a fan of these vehicles and strongly believe that Mattel should go beyond the WWE. I've mentioned this on the emergency services line rant, as well on a rant literally suggesting that Mattel should expand the wrekkin vehicles beyond the WWE stuff.
So, taking that into consideration, here's some vehicles that I'd like to see that are not Emergency Services vehicles, or armored trucks:

Moped with pizza delivery attachments:
Basically a normal moped, but with the capability of becoming a pizza delivery moped by swapping a few modular parts.

Taxi cab:
No, it's not to make Taxicab Confessions or Fake Taxi references... 

Minivan:
I'm not talking about the Soccer Mom minivans, but the smaller business vans that are smaller than the FREE CANDY vans. 

Forklift:
No! Nefty-kun is not going to make like a Hazuki and race forklifts... but a Forklift is an interesting and unusual vehicle to have...

Ice Cream truck:
This one almost didn't make it due to three words: Billy Kincaid reference. Now with that out of the way, an Ice cream truck could have some Ice cream accessories like "ice cream" slime.

PEO mobile:
The unsung hero of my Emergency Services line... it totally has nothing to do with the Meter Maid vehicles looking hilarious. I know I said no Emergency Services vehicles, but let's be honest here: what emergencies do PEOs solve... NONE! They just had tockets to illegally parked people while they ride their funny looking carts.

Mall Security Vehicle:
I am referring to the Segway-styled personal transport vehicles used by Mall security, since they're smaller than golf carts.

Golf cart:
Nothing says "I'm a douchebag" like driving a golf cart outside of a golf course and not being a security guard... I could've put this on the WWE stuff, since they have used golf carts across the years, but to not piss off AEW stans who now believe that Kenny Omega invented using golf carts, I chose not to.

I think this covers most of the "non-standard" vehicles that aren't schoolbuses for obvious reasons, though TDK Fans would love a schoolbus for obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment