Oct 13, 2022

Kumite! Kumite! Kumite! Guess what actor is getting an action figure?

 I'll give you a hint: He fought a dying man while he was hopped up on cocaine. Of course, I am talking about the one and only:

Jean Claude Van Damme!! The Best part is that Diamond Select is the company doing him... So I won't have to pay $55+ and wait until 2024 to see JCVD in my hands. 

The figure shown so far is a Frank Dux from Bloodsport... There is a Kickboxer figure coming, or so I've heard... If this is confirmed, I'm hoping it's based on the memorable scene from the movie:

The best part of the Bloodsport figure is that it's based on THE Iconic scene:


You know the one where Bolo Yeung does the thing and Van Damme does the other thing while blinded. It would be awesome if Diamond Select were to make figures from THAT movie... not universal soldier, THAT movie... Do I REALLY have to say the movie's name?

Calm your Ghostly Tits, Raúl!! It's not Street Fighter... I know you were expecting this, but this would be a logistical nightmare going after Capcom, the movie studio and all of the actors to get their likenesses... I'm talking about

Double Team!! Rodman and JCVD kicking ass and taking names... yeah, you're not buying that... OF COURSE, I'M TALKING ABOUT STREET FIGHTER!!

Now I wonder who will give us a Steven Seagal line... and I'm not ashamed to say that I want an 80s Seagal and a товарищ Стивен Сигал.
Because he's now a Russian citizen and an actual pal of Владимир Путин, which makes him a persona non grata in Ukraine... but since Putin is USA's Public Enemy #1, this makes it harder to sell action figures of Putin's best Former American Friend. So, I guess I should be asking for Chuck Norris instead... but in the mean time, I NEED THIS Frank Dux Figure...

Update:
The Figure pictured above will have pieces to make him a Bloodsport JCVD OR a Kickboxer JCVD... straight out of  Eamon O' Donoghue's Facebook:
I wonder how will that work out...

No comments:

Post a Comment