Oct 26, 2022

It came from the Toy Chest: we have an udea in how Tokka will look...

 

That is an unfair title, since it undermines Slash... but, I would expect Tokka to be released soon, due to parts reuse. The new pieces needed would be:
Head(s)
Hands 
Shoulders
Biceps
Belt Insignia
Movie accessories that weren't on the vintage toy. Everything else is donated from Slash...

So, SLASH... He's a Bizarro Turtle from Dimension X... allegedly a cannibal, since he eats other Turtles... in some continuities he becomes an anti-hero turtle. He's bigger and meaner... like Venom is to Peter Parker... his weaponry somewhat mimics and mocks the Turtles. The Butterfly knife mocks leo, the twisted sai, mocks Raphael, the Big mace mocks Donatello, and the spiked chucks mocks Michelangelo the black banadana is to show that he's bad to the shell.
Mysterious time traveler: Wait! This isn't 
An Advent Calendar. I'm not supposed to be here today!
Slash: You ain't a Toitle! You have a sword, we fight now!
MTT: Uh Slash, why must I fight you, we are
not enemies!
Slash: Shut up! Did we just...
MTT: Megaman 8...
Slash: Docta Wahwee approves. 


Articulation
Slash is similar but different than the turtles. First he's in a hunched posture, which chamges his head's orientation. This limits some movement. He cannot look to the sides properly, nor or down, despite having a decent range of articulation on the head. He can kinda look up. Some of his arm movement is limited by his shoulder armor and shell spikes, but his legs have a decent rain and he also has a swivel joint on his tail. 
4.5
MTT: Have at you, Snake... err Snapping Turtle!
Slash: Were you referencing Cam Clarke?
MTT: it's a multilayered reference...
Slash: Metal Gear, Leonardo, He-Man, even though you're using the wrong sword...
MTT: Hey! Using the Technosword would be too obvious! Also, Shenmue 3...
Slash: What does Shenmue 3 have to do with anything?
MTT: it's the only project where I can say I officially collaborated with Cam Clarke... from a certain point of view.
Slash: Kickstarter backers don't count...
MTT: THEY DO FOR ME!!
Slash: Owie!!
MTT: Wait... hitting your nunchuck hurt you, How!?
Slash: Sheah! Some Jenius thought adding spikes on the grip would make these more badass, but they hurt like hell!


Paint and sculpt
His skin tone is darker than his vintage figure. His belt is adorned with silver and black accents instead of being full pink like his vintage counterpart. The ninja stars and grenade from his vintage belt are removable. Just be extra careful with the grenade because chances are you're going to lose it anyway. Paintwise he's got some nice touch-ups and details and the only thing I'm slightly disappointed is that the ropes on his shoulder armor aren't painted. I had to take justice in my own hands with that. But that's a me issue...
5.0
MTT: Oh crap!
Slash: I'm loving this game Whack a Perv...
MTT: Two things... one: Whack a Perv makes it sound sexier than it really is... two: you whacking me is not something I would enjoy...
Can't we get April, Irma, or Kala from the Neutrinos to do that instead?
Slash: Why not Mona Lisa or Venus?
MTT: because I'm not a furry...
Slash: speciesist...


Accessories:
-The aforementioned shuriken and grenade from his belt that are new to him.
-A sword that is as twisted as its owner
-the aforementioned "dark weapons that mock each Turtle's discipline".
5.0
Slash: Slash Wins! Flawless Victory!!
MTT: Flawless!? You said Owie! When I hurt you with your own nunchuck!!
Slash: Do you want me to add Fatality to my victory?
MTT: Carry on... I wasn't supposed to be here today!
Slash: You keep making that Kevin Smith reference... do you want me to grape you for 2 long years?
MTT: Can we skip that reference and reach the "I cry for everything" Kevin Smith?


Overall
Slash gets a 4.83 as his final score. If he wasn't $55, I'd totally buy 3 more and repaint them to make "dark turtles"... genetically enhanced Slash clones:
Ringo, Dio, and Eddie... all named after members of rock bands. Ringo would get 2 maces, Dio the Butterfly knives, and Eddie the nunchucks. 
Thingy that will most likely get lost:
Grenade...


 There isn't much I can say about Slash other than they nailed it so hard! The figure Oozes attitude and I've been picking him up this past few days and just looking at him and tinker with him whenever I get the chance. I haven't felt like that with a figure for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment