Oct 16, 2022

Got laid off yesterday night...

 This basically means that after this year's Advent Calendar, the It Came from the Toy Chest will be hit a bit harder until I can refocus my life and figure out where to go from here. Let me clarify, my main job is safe... the one that makes sure my utility bills, car payments, and Groceries is safe. The Part-Time job that allowed me to hit movie theaters, bowling alleys, get videogames and action figures to review, and eat more takeout... that one was hit yesterday. 

I also need to consider if getting a support part-time job again is worth it, since juggling both jobs was causing me issues related to lack of sleep. So, my choices are: less money vs more time to rest and even exercise, or more money vs less free time to rest... if I want to explain it in the most simple terms. I'm guessing that I'm gonna need to trim the fat, ie, streaming services by going to the lowest tier available or cutting the cord all over again.

I know that every few years, I mentioned that this was becoming a real possibility, but I didn't expect it to happen until the end of the Holiday Season. It's scary... I'm terrified because my routine has been flipped turned upside down. I'm angry, disillusioned, and still reeling in from the shock. I'm not exactly in the best state of mind to make a pragmatic decision.

I know how this manager felt when he made his final announcement. The worst part is that despite knowing for years that this could happen at any time, it came as a shock, since the store was receiving merchandise, all the way up until recently. Hell, last Thursday, HR was talking about this year's Halloween contest, which I was going to compete as Chris Griffin. But SURPRISE!! I got in yesterday and was hit by the wrecking ball that they were closing on that day, no clearance sale, nothing.

A wise man once said: 

"You gotta understand, there ain’t no getting offa this train we on till we get to the end of the line.”

I... I think I do. I had plenty of times to jump ship, but I didn't. Probably due to my warped sense of Loyalty and Honor. They gave me a hand, when I was at my worst. I felt Honorbound to stay with them until the end. I know that this may sound strange or even dumb to some. That's how I roll. A part of me knew that I COULDN'T QUIT!! And in a way, I'm thankful for that. I spent quite some time gaining experience, learning. I think, no, I KNOW I'm going to miss them... even the few not so nice folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment