Oct 3, 2022

Hasbro Selfie Series is underwhelming

 I downloaded the App, followed the instructions and after 13 attempts, it scanned my face but the scan looked nothing like me. I mean it made me look "Asian". So, after 9 more attempts I tried again... the results were less than stellar.

"Toy me" looks closer to a cross dressing Amanda Bynes than it does me. (And yes I'm aware that it doesn't even look that much like Amanda Bynes)
I wish we could get more body types like Doc Ock, Hammerhead, Roadblock on the guys and A lot more variety on the gals.
With that out if the way, that headsculpt isn't worth $60 especially when it doesn't look anything like my face. Not to mention that the head is made of resin and not standard plastic used for heads, which makes it more Fragile. BUT seriously,  it's not just me that doesn't look like me.

Even their own Selfie Serie advertisement shows a dude playing with a figure of himself that looks nothing like him. It kinds feels like they're digitally wrapping our faces on some generic head models.

The concept is not bad, but at the moment the technology is not up to par for what they're trying to do. $60+ for a resin head that barely resembles me is way too much. I wish they could do a few improvements:
-Making the Heads plastic instead of resin for customization's sake. For example: the Joe option we have is Snake Eyes... I wanna put my head on Pimp Daddy Destro's body so I can hang out with Cobra. Or use Beachhead's body since it looks "generic enough" to create my Joe Counterpart WITHOUT fearing that the head would break or having to spend $60+ Every time I want an Alternate me.
-the ability to save one's scanned faces. For example: I made a Spidey me for myself, but my Dad is a Ghostbusters fan. In order to make a GB me to give him as a present, I have to go through the annoying Scanning Process. To make another me. I had to go through 22 scans to get crosssdressing Amanda Bynes looking me. I don't want to sit through 22 more scans just to get a "kinda looks like me" figure.
-improve the scanning app. I shouldn't need to go through 22 scans with the phone on a stand and a well lit room in order to get a figure whi looks like me of someone squeezes lemon in their eye before looking at it.

I was willing to pay the $60+ for it, but the results are highly disappointing at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment