Oct 30, 2022

Top 20 MOTU Characters/variants who need a Masterverse figure.

 I am not a huge fan of Masterverse, but I did get a few for the Advent Calendar (I did not buy all of them though.) So, this list is just for fun and see what MOTU stuff could get the Masterverse treatment. I must point out that most of the stuff will come from characters that had toy versions in previous lines like NA, 200X, vintage, etc. Will try to keep cartoon characters as close to zero as possible.

20: Battleground Teela:
She would be a perfect candidate for New Eternia and its more Savage world. A more Traditional Teela kinda exists with the Revelation one. 

19: Mo-Larr:
I know what you're thinking: What the Hell!?
But hear me out: with a fabric dentist vest, meaning it's removable, we could have a character that could be 2 different characters as a deluxe figure... Who would fit that role? Vykron. Since tossing all 3 outfits for Vykron could be considered crazy, I thought that Mo-Larr could be Vykron's 4th persona. A derranged medic who loves pulling the teeth of his opponents. Also, Mo-Larr is the base figure for Nefty-kun.

18: Tanktop:
The Second Vykron persona, Tanktop, could use"an entire new body" to look more tank-like. Then Mattel could add some random parts for a new 5th persona for Vykron.

17: Space Ace:
The Third original Persona for Vykron, and cutting it too close to Mouse property... as stated before, he's going to need some new extras to create a 6th Persona. 

The idea with the "Vykron wave" is to create all three original versions and allow plenty of parts for customization. Not to mention that more compulsive customers will buy 2 of each... just like they did with Pope Tri-Klops and Bishop Trap Jaw. Storywise it could be 1 guy or it could be 3 dudes that scam villages of their gold by terrorizing them with a persona, then showing up as a hero with the other persona, staging a fight and collecting the reward.

16: New Eternia Rio Blast:
One of the oddities from Later waves in vintage... I'm curious on how would he work here.

15: Revelation Clamp Champ:
I may dislike Revelation, but since we got Fisto, we need his Dead Partner...

14: Mantenna:
Hordak, Catra, and Shadow Weaver are a thing. We need to fill up the ranks of the Horde.

13: Bow:
If the Horde gets padded, the Rebellion needs to do the Same. It would be interesting to see what differences this version gets from the previous one.

12:Slime Mutant:
It's a Skeletal humanoid ram creature thing... it most definitely needs an upgrade.

11: Merman:
The Revelation Naked one Eyed Merman doesn't count. I'm talking a 2 eyed armored Merman, like most of the figures have been for the past almost 40 years.

10: 200X variants:
This almost sounds like I'm cheating but hear me out. I'm not talking about making Masterverse 200x everyone, but making certain characters like say: He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Adam, and Teela. With Adam and Teela being shorter than normal Masterverse figures. It would also mean  certain variants like Snake Armor He-Man, or Ambrosia Skeletor being made into toys. Also, 200X Grayskull would be cool to have.

9: Queen Marlena:
It would be interesting to see Randor and Marlena in New Eternia, but I KNOW a Randor WILL make it to Masterverse... only Neitlich, despite his apparent misogyny,  had a Marlena made. Whether we get a Revelation or New Eternia version of Randor, we need a Marlena to Match.

8: King He-Man:
We KINDA GOT a King He-Man with the Battle Armor Head from the new Eternia BA He-Man. But I want the whole ridiculous outfit for King He-Man including the taped up Technosword.

7: Eternos Palace Army:
Basically the Palace Guards with different ranks and designs.

6: The Netflix Series figures with NORMAL Masterverse proportions:
Note that I'm emphasizing NORMAL MASTERVERSE Proportions and not asking for Cartoon accurate looks. The recent releases of Masterverse Netflix Series He-Man and Skeletor are a huge disappointment, since they can't be properly displayed in Masterverse because of the stylistic choices. Think of the Classicizer approach and apply it here.

5: King Hsss:
Hopefully he could be a New Eternia thing or bring the 200X Hsss to masterverse.

4: Nate Stevenson's bastardization of She-Ra:
This isn't about loving or hating that series. We ALL know where I stand here. But this is about bringing key characters on a Neo Etheria sub-theme. Of course there is a caveat:
Figures need to be in NORMAL MASTERVERSE Proportions and not in Cartoon accurate looks.
Meaning, say Fat Spinnerella, being fat but looking "realistic fat", not "CalArts fat". If these sell well, maybe Mattel could make a spin-off line compatible with the Netflix He-Man in scale.

3: Ram Man:
Whether it's Revelation or New Eternia, it's amazing that we haven't gotten a Ram Man. I kinda want to see what they're going to do for him.

2: Mega-Beast:
Since BOTH Modulok and Multibot have a Modular function, I'm putting them together, because it's better than taking 2 slots. With the Masterverse engineering, I have to wonder How Modular will they be.

1: Glimmer:
Of course I'm referring to her traditional Filmation form.

Yes, I'm well aware that I cheated on this list and made more than 20 characters/variants. At the same time I also had to tone down the amount of characters I was choosing because I found myself with nearly 30 picks. I had Wun-Dar, Slime Pit He-Man, Hydron, Flipshot, Flogg, Crita, Snake Mekaneck, Cringer... but I don't want to go crazy with Masterverse, sonce I still see it as an inferior line to MOTUC.

No comments:

Post a Comment