Oct 23, 2022

It came from the toy chest: I Gwarantee that I'll Git'er done!


 Leatherhead is finally here... You might have guessed that since, well... Krang got out of the Toy Chest.  Now it's Leatherhead's turn... right oit the bat, I got to say: I hate his human teeth and blond eyebrows... I won't mess with the teeth, but those eyebrows got to be "fixed"... so I painted them a slightly darker shade of green. 
it's not perfect, but it tricks my brain into not thinking that they're hair. I might need to do some touch ups later, but now he's more to my liking. He's a Cajun trapper/poacher gator from Florida... Don't question it, just go with the flow.
Unlike other continuities, here, he's a villain...

Articulation:
Mr. Head has some unique Articulation:
Hinjed Jaw and a ball peg on his tail are the unusual bits. Everything else is similar to a standard figure. The waist is a bit wobbly due to his weight. Standing like the vintage figure is hard to do without using an arm as a third point of contact with the floor. My figure has an unique QC quirk...
Leatherhead: Oh bother...

his right knee pops off. Unfortunately, I discovered this bit AFTER painting his brows and tinkering with him for quite some time. It doesn't fall off by looking at it wrong. It simply popped off while bending the knee for another attempt at the vintage pose. It pops back in with no issue.
4.0
Leatherhead: Ah deep in da hundred acre wood!
Where Christopher Robin plays!
You'll find da'nchanted neighborhood
Of Christopher's childhood daze!
A donkey named Eeyore is his friend
And Kanga an' Little Roo...
Dere's Rabbit an' Piglet and dere's Owl
But most of all Winnie da' Pooh!
Nefty VO: get it, because Leatherhead was voiced by Jim Cummings who also voiced Winnie the Pooh...
Leatherhead: you want to get dangerous... Let's get dangerous!!
Nefty VO: Ah! Ah!He also voiced Darkwing Duck!


Paint and sculpt:
Putting aside my preferences, the figure captures quite well the vintage look, while updating the articulation to Modern standards. Even the parts that I personally don't enjoy are updated in a nearly Flawless way.
5.0


Accessories:
Here he doesn't disappoint, but I feel like he could've been 20% cooler.
His vintage belt is non-removable but 3 things on it now are removable.
-the Crayfish
-the Snapping Turtle
-the Tobbaco leaves
These 3 come in an odd shade of red. I had to repaint mine because an all red turtle and tobacco leaves look wrong.
His pump action shotgun has real pumping action.
His bear (mutant turtle) trap has articulation... it's not functional but can be posed open or closed.
He even has a new fishing pole...
5.0
Leatherhead: Dis'ere lan' is naw good zone for Moe Tooks... Ah Gwarantee...
Nefty-kun: so i need to become a TMNTU to survive in here?
Leatherhead: Ah reckon...


Overall
Leatherhead gets a 4.67 as his final score. If I hadn't repainted him before discovering the QC issue, i would've contacted CS about it. But putting the issues on my figure aside, I kind of wish that they was a bit heavier so it could balance him well in vintage poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment