Oct 22, 2022

It Came from the Toy Chest: He really needs an Android...

 Body... because he's Krang, the Megalomaniac Despot banished from Dimension X.


What can I say about Krang: in some continuities he's an Utrom. In his first appearance, he wasn't an Utrom, but he was turned into an Utrom-like form, before being banished from Dimension X. With his vast resources, Krang basically funds Shredder's activities with the Foot, using the ancient Ninja Clan as his pawns for World Domination. 

 Articulation 
Krang only has 2 or 4 points of articulation... his tentacles have a hinged ball joint... but he has a bubble walker and that has some more articulation.
The Bubble Walker has less articulation than as Standard figure, but that's expected.
It has a hinged ball at the hips, single joint knees, boot cut, and hinged ankles with slight rotation. The arm attachments have a bit less articulation than a normal figure, though.
The shoulders have a ball peg, that allows some limited shoulder articulation. The elbows have some weird range on a swivel, and the hands have a hinge and rotation.
Krang: Saaaaaaakiiiiii!! Maaaaake meeeeee a booooooodeeeeeeeee!!
Shredder: It doesn't work that way, you retarded octopus!
Krang: Saki! You can't say that word!
Shredder: What word!? Octopus!?
Krang: Nooo! The Other one?
Shredder: Which one? Retarded!?
Krang: Yeah, that one! It's an ableist insult!
Shredder: You are aware that we're evil... which means, I don't care if I offend people...
Krang: So if there was a Latino here...
Shredder: I'd call him a spic...
Krang: a Caucasian?
Shredder: Cracker...
Krang: Asian?
Shredder: You mean the yellows...
Krang: But YOU ARE ASIAN!!
Shredder: I Identify as black...
Krang: BUT YOU'RE ASIAN!!
Shredder: If Rachel Dolezal can do it, why can't I?
Krang: I might be evil, but I'm not a racist or ableist... please don't cancel me!!
Shredder: Pussy...
Krang: Did you just say that because I'm Pink!?
Shredder: Forget it! I can't make you a body because Super7 hasn't made one yet...
Krang: So my body is at the mercy of Super7?



While he has LESS articulation than a normal figure, Krang and the Bubble walker are pretty posable. My tiny nitpick is that his left leg is a bit loose. Not as loose as a politician's morals, but a bit far too loose than I can accept.
4.0
Krang: You're tearing me apart, Super7!!
Shredder: Oh no... you made a Tommy Wiseau Reference...
Krang: Ohai Saki!
Shredder: Stop it, Krang!
Krang: Let's go eat huh?
Shredder: For Pete's sake, stop!
Krang: Cheep cheep cheep cheep Cheeeeeeeep!
Shredder: You're going to awaken something you'll regret!
Krang: Anyway, how is your sex life?
Shredder: Urrrrrrrgh!


Paint and sculpt
Here Krang is King! He looks thick and veiny, two adjectives that can make people uncomfortable... and Krang is all about making others uncomfortable with his appearance. The Bubble Walker looks nice, though I'm not a fan of the silver coloring. Personally, I would've preferred a Gunmetal grey instead. I also wish there was a way to keep the "glass dome" in place.
5.0
Krang: Saaaaaaakiiiiii!! We're going to attack Super7 to get my booooooodeeeeeeeee!!
Shredder: It doesn't work that way...
Nefty VO: Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum... He'll fill your belly button with his cum...
Shredder: You have awakened him.
Nefty VO: I love you as a person, as a Human Bean... Ohai Krang! 
Shredder: Everybody betrayed me! I'm fed up with this world! Oh no! I have become one of them! Why, Nefty Why!?WHY!?



Accessories
Extra hands
Toon tripod
Gun
Bubble Walker 
Arm attachments 
Gun attachment
Hose attachment
Second Krang with alternate tentacles.
Despite being a much smaller figure, you don't feel ripped off at the $55 price tag. The amount of accessories it has are reasonable enough. Hell we get an extra Krang figure.
5.0
Krang: Saki!? Saaaaaaakiiiiii!! Where are you!? Are you coming back!?
Shredder VO: In a few minutes, bitch!
Krang: Did he just quote The Room back at me?
Nefty VO: Yup, he did...
Krang: But what about my body?
Nefty VO: Leave your stupid comments in your pocket!
Krang: WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?
Nefty VO: is this an Insane Clown Posse reference?


Overall
Krang gets a 4.67 as his final score. The loose left leg articulation was what made him lose some points. Not gonna lie, but this Krang was way better than expected. Hell, even the Idea I had about reusing Krang's legs and a modified walker for Fishface has potential. But, I haven't mentioned the elephant in The Room... and I ain't talking about the Tommy Wiseau film. 

The Android Body. Since Krang is a bit on the thicker side, the body needs to be big and that scares me. I wonder if we'll get a new Krang or two with tentacles that would fit inside the Android Body. I wonder if Super7 will use toon elements to enhance the Android Body or if we're getting a Bare bones release... all I know is that I should get ready for a huge price tag.

Update
Blu Tac is your friend. If you get the white equivalent, even better. Add 3 balls:
2 on the sides, as you can see on the pic and one at the base where you plop in Krang.
Now you can have Krang in the Bubble Walker WITHOUT him flailing around and the bubble walker opening up randomly.

And yes, I'm actually holding Krang upside-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment