Oct 13, 2022

Calling out my own Hypocrisy: a Super7 Snarf Rant

 Just a few hours ago, I criticized the backers of Eternia and the Ghost Driver. I still am correct on what I said there... but then after preaching about being against corporate bullshit that preys on the consumers with ridiculous price gouging, what do I do?

I preorder fucking Snarf from Super7... the most overpriced bullshit figure in the entire Thundercats line. I knew that the annoying Nanny Osbert was going to be $55 and we were also promised lots of stuff to justify the price tag:


The lots of stuff? A Claw shield for Lion-O, a tail with a stand to do the tail standong pose from the intro... (how much are we willing to bet that the figure won't be able to use it because it's going to be too heavy for the stand).

Better accessories would've been a 3 PoA Baby Lion-O and a stick with removable Emergency Ration, or the Pedestal for the Sword of Omens from the Sword Chamber. Hell, even Tygra's elbow pad would've been a nice addition.
Self-awareness doesn't absolve me from my hypocrisy.

You'd have to be some sort of idiot to get that Snarf at $55... Well, I am a fucking idiot. I didn't preorder Mongor or Willa... I did state that I wasn't getting Jemny Craig'd Ratar-O. But I only got Motherfucking Snarf... I can't pretend that I am NOT being ripped off, because I'm getting massively ripped off. Yet I still preordered.
I WILL BE DELUDING MYSELF with: "With Snarf I completed the core cats so I can quit here" argument. While true, it's also a form of copium. Wait... I... nope! I can't truly justify my hypocrisy.


No comments:

Post a Comment