Mar 2, 2020

Final Fantasy VII: Remake: Demo: First Thoughts

I can't believe it's actually here! I downloaded it this morning and wow! It's Final Fantasy VII, but it's not.
It's a different experience, yet somewhat familiar.
The gameplay is NOT FFXV but it kinda is... but a bit stiffer. As expected the Demo is Mako Reactor #1... and boy, it feels a lot bigger than I remembered. And a lot has changed due to the new nature of the game.

The intro gave me goosebumps, being able to explore "familiar areas" from a different perspective was amazeballs! Pummeling Shinra's forces was delicious! My only gripe so far lies in the music. Some tracks deviate way too much from the original that makes them feel out of place.

Gameplay feels a bit off... But it could be that I'm used to other games that I've been playing recently that are making me biased against the Remake. So, I cannot judge it until I play the final game.

Even if it's a demo of a remake of a 23 year old game, I must commend Square Enix for adding a couple of story surprises in it. Especially from ShinRa's side of the story. If these remain on the full game, oh my Celestia... There will be a lot to talk about. And Jessie is best girl... and eventually best pancake, but we shall see if this has an effect on R34... which is an unorthodox gauge for popularity.

39 days left. I pre-ordered mine today...

No comments:

Post a Comment