Mar 4, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: Peter Parker is no Stark

What is it with Iron Man styled "suits" for Spider-Man?
Peter Parker lacks the Stark Money to make these kind of suits...
This is one of the suits from the PlayStation 4 game. I believe it's the velocity suit. I don't get how a heavy Mech styled armor can improve Spider-Man's already unnatural speed. Bought it has a piece of DemoGoblin and a cool web accessory.
Go home Tony, you're drunk...
Wait, Tony isn't wearing that armor?

 articulation
As I do with all Spider-Man figures; I did the three postes test. For those of you who don't know that three poses test consists of Spider-Man's crouched position, Spider-Man's web yoyo position, and lastly Spider-Man Marvel versus Capcom fighting stance.  If I Spider-Man figure can do all three poses, then it's a decent figure.
 sadly this figure fails all three. Don't get me wrong it has standard fare Marvel Legends articulation, but the bulkier body interferes with some spidery poses.
Almost looks like I'm
dunking an Oreo in invisible milk.
Sadly, this means his score is
3.0

paint and sculpt 
It looks like the Velocity suit. I'm surprised he got so many newly sculpted parts. I was half expecting it to be a full repaint on a "naked buck". Now that I mention paint the figure has some scuffs here and there. Also, there is paintrub between joints.
Batman: You're Dethpicable!
Spidey: Wait, Batman cracking a joke?
Am I in a Joel Schumacher film?
4.0

accessories 
Remember my pet peeves with Marvel Legends rant?
His lack of hands is the biggest offender. Sure it has a BAF piece, but that accessory is NOT FOR HIM. Then there's the Web effect. That's the Figure's saving grace. Sadly, ONE!  accessory is not enough.
Tony: So, kid, How does it feel entering the
Armor Club?
Spidey: To quote Jay Sherman: It stinks!!
2.5

Overall
Spidey gets a 3.17 as his final score. It's a shame that a potentially cool figure was ruined by lacking basic accessories as alternate hands and not enough posability for Spider-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment