Mar 29, 2020

It Came from the Toy Chest: The Thing just loves to fight! Call the four!

With Ben we finish the Fantastic Four. Ben Grimm as a pilot an explorer and the ever-loving blue-eyed thing of the Fantastic Four.  he's also worshipped in Puerto Rico... well, on Earth 616... not Earth 1, which is our Earth. I'm running out of things to describe Ben Grimm with.

This figure is literally a watered-down version of the Walgreens figure with a new head and belt.

Articulation:
Since this figure is literally I repaint from the Walgreens figure the articulation did not change at all. It's similar to monster Venom spot the main differences the ball joint at or so instead of having a normal ab crunch.
4.0
Not my thing, but it's an
Unmodified Thing.

Paint and sculpt:
as you might have noticed my thing looks different than the average thing. That is because I had to repaint mine.
 I used to like four different shades of orange and yellow Also I gave him a light wash of a burnt sienna color to fill in the cracks. The reason for the multiple shades of oranges and yellows watch to keep in the shade in gimmick, but doing it with a little bit more subtlety than the official figure. It's a shame that I couldn't match the colors of the Walgreens figure because I love this new head sculpt more than the official headphones from the Walgreens figure.
4.0

Accessories:
BAF piece
No extra head and no extra hands only the heads for the super skrull. it feels a little bit underwhelming.
1.0

Overall 
Thing gets a 3.0 as his final score. I don't know what were they thinking with the weird shading and not painting the cracks. I get that budget why you say couldn't squeeze in the extra open hands that the Walgreens figure had, but I kind of feel like they caught a lot of corners on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment