Mar 12, 2020

What games could "use a Remake"?

Not all games deserve a remake and not all remakes are necessarily good. Bad things between companies in to be held in Town Getting some results What games do you consider to get remake? I won't have Turn based JRPGs, because those would be far too big for a single game... imagine FFVI OR XENOGEARS. Also, I'm keeping it on First Party games, so no Konami Arcade beat-em up Licensed Classics or Capcom Marvel Fighting games to name some examples.
 Here's My List:

CASTLEVANIA: The Simon Years:
Basically what I'm suggesting is updating the original Castlevania and it's sequel Simon's Quest. It doesn't have to be a one-to-one remake of both games, but something more along the lines of the Final Fantasy 7 remake we're basically you get a new game but with the story of the two NES games...

 the reason I chose the Simon Belmont era is because it's less complicated than making a game based on Alucard... that would involve Castlevania 3 it would involve Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. The reason I'm including Rondo of Blood is because Symphony of the Night is heavily tied to Rondo of Blood... and any excuse for the die monster speech is good in my book.

NINJA GAIDEN:
After the bad taste of yaiba, Tecmo should go "back to basics" and by that I mean modernizing the original NES games... and incorporating them into the DOA Timeline.

STARTROPICS:
The Not So obscure obscure NES series deserves some love. Sadly the first NES game has not aged well. A 3D Zelda styled game could do wonders to the franchise.

Intermission:
I'm well aware I've been choosing NES era for the most part. Don't worry, I have some more newer stuff coming:

DOOM:
I know that Doom got a nice reboot and a sequel is coming soon, but having the original Doom levels with the modern engine would be pretty cool. It could WORK as a DLC... think about it...

MEGAMAN LEGENDS:
Both Classic Megaman and X versions of Megaman have gotten remakes, ports, compilations, etc.  Legends gets no such love. The priginal game hasn't aged as well as we hoped and with the advances on 3D gaming, we could have some Justice made for this often forgotten era of Megaman.

FINAL FIGHT:

SEGA is making a modern 2D Streets of Rage.Now imagine what Capcom could do with Final Fight if they put HALF the effort SEGA did.

GEX:
What? I have a soft spot for the original 2D game!

No comments:

Post a Comment