Mar 19, 2020

PS5 so far is only backwards compatible with PS4

It's a bit disappointing. So far Sony has borderline guaranteed that the top 100 best selling PS4 gamrs should run smoothly on PS5. What I am disappointed about is the lack of PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility. I KNOW that emulators ecist for both consoles and it shouldn't be a huge problem for SONY. I understand that the CELL processor can't be easily emulated, hence the reason I didn't mention PS3 in the backwards compatibility consoles.

 I know what some of you are thinking: "With the power of the PS5 why would I want to bother playing those janky old PS1 and PS2 games."
 First: I love some of those Yankee old PS1 and PS2 games!
Second: Some of those titles are worthy of looking back reviews.
Third: If Microsoft can do it for their XBox consoles, SONY should be able to do it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment