Mar 29, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: Johnny is the Human Torch... (is this a rerun)

Continuing the Fantastic Four "week" we have Johnny Storm, the Human Torch. Unlike his teammates, he's the only one who was made on a different body than his Walgreens counterpart. The new Johnny is in the Kaine Body, while Old Johnny is in the Bucky body. But I'll explain it when the actual review is done. I'm pointing it up on the intro because it's one curious Thing. Also having to explain again that Outer Space Adventures cosmic rays made Johnny a flaming guy I've done that before already.

Articulation:
As I mentioned, this Johnny being on a Spider-body Gibson a bit more articulation than his previous Walgreens figure. Butterfly joints are awesome. The butterfly joints give the figure some out of the range that the original Bucky body did not have.
Now I kind of want a flamed on Johnny with this Kaine body. It would be very cool for some flame related poses.
5.0

Paint and sculpt:
The outfit looks just like Reed's so I won't go into much detail here. The face looks decent and it captures the look of five Northern are at Johnny Storm but I feel there's something off in the face. It's the cheek on the smirking side. Looks a bit like if he had a stroke.
4.5
Spider-Man and his
Amazing Sausagefest!

Accessories 
BAF piece
Extra hands
Weird flaming effect for forearms.
I personally would've liked a second Flamed on head, or at least have Johnny's hair and eyes looking flamed. (Translucent orange head with painted skin.) The "flamed hair" would allow for the same light piping effect from Transformers.
3.5

Overall
Johnny Storm gets a 4.33 as his final score. It's actually a decent score for what's supposed to be the weakest figure from the set. While my classic styled vintage Johnny Storm custom is a decent place holder, I would like to see a classic styled Johnny Storm to compliment the Walgreens set. (That also frees up a Reed buck for a Bagman custom) I also would like to see a flamed on version of the Human Torch using the Kaine body.

 I didn't take many pictures because he's just a bland vanilla "secret identity" figure. Also the default figure having only two fists makes it a bit too hard to Posen various funny or social styled pics. And since we're talking about depowered versions of characters I would love to have IB powered Iceman and Colossus just to name two characters. I know it's a bit unrelated but since we're talking about a powered off Johnny Storm I thought I should bring that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment