Mar 17, 2020

It came from the Toy Chest: This custom wants Pictures of Spider-Man!

As the title states, this custom wants Pictures of Spider-Man!!  J. Jonah Jameson, who was teased as a Chameleon disguise for Marvel Legends is now an unofficial figure.
One that Hasbro could easily make. MCU Klaw body, Spider-Man forearms. (Custom used 6 arm Spidey flesh colored forearms) and Chameleon JJJ head. Add some extra hands, maybe a new accessory in the shape of a rolled up copy of The Daily Bugle and call it a day.

Credits for the custom are slightly complicated, because I bought the body and the head from different people via ebay.

J.Jonah Jameson, former Editor in Chief of the Daily Bugle, and Spider-Man's biggest foe. No really, he helped in the creation of Scorpion and funded the original Spider Slayers by Spencer Smythe, In addition to his scathing editorials against the Webhead. Ironically, Jameson ended up becoming Spider-Man's relative after his father married Aunt May. Then there's the whole Mattie Franklin being a Spider-Woman also being JJJ's neice/adopted child.
(Speaking of Mattie, where is her action figure, dammit!)

So, in a nutshell, J.Jonah Jameson isa staple in a Spider-Man collection. With this custom I fill in a huge gap. I would also like a Joe Robertson and a Betty Brant... especially since we ARE getting a Peter Parker figure... which was the main reason for me to buy the pieces to make JJJ... and when I saw an already modded Klaw body, I knew I had to jump at this. (It was far cheaper than buying a Klaw and a 6-arm Spidey.)
JJJ: Whether awake or asleep,
that Wall-Crawling menace haunts me...

articulation
It retains most of the articulation from the Klaw body. He won't be doing Kung fu or anything super actiony, but he can be posed. His removable vest causes some articulation loss.
4.5
JJJ VO: Taunting me, mocking me!
JJJ: MRRMPH!
Spidey: Easy there, chuckles! You might rip
your Hitlerstache!

Paint and sculpt 
I painted the blue tie red, just to differentiate him a bit more from Klaw. Remember that I don't have a steady hand. Other than that, the paintjob on the Klaw body is effective. The 6 arm Spidey arms, while not an exact mat, they work. Also, the Shang-Chi hands are close enough to work for the naked eye. The JJJ head looks great. That half snarl face that looks like he's screaning GET ME PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN!! I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't made him yet.
4.5
JJJ:PARKER!! I know it's Halloween
and you're in the middle of a date but...
Peter: What's wrong Mr.Jameson!
JJJ: I NEED PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN!!
Peter: But Mr. Jameson...
JJJ: No buts, Parker! Get.Me.Pictures.Of.Spider.Man.

Accessories 
This is a Custom Figure I assembled from different people's fodder. I painted the tie so I could feel like I did some work on it. Therefore, it has no official accessories.
N/A
JJJ VO: Now you will know my biggest shame.
JJJ: Not so fast, evil-doers! Spider-Man is here!
I can do whatever a Spider-can!
Robbie (off screen): Jonah? Are you OK in there?
Please tell me you're NOT wearing that Spider-Man suit
that someone found in a dumpster.

Overall
Triple J gets a 4.5 as his final score. The person who was selling the body did most of the job. Mostly dealing with the elbow joints. All I did was paint a tie and pop on a head.

No comments:

Post a Comment